• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Holocaust day.

coronet68mx

Local time
2:04 AM
Reaction score
Today, 74 years ago the Soviet army liberated the Concentration camp of Auschwitz - Birkenau let's remember with respect and love to all those innocent who lost their lives.
estrella-david.jpg

“Thanks” does t cut it for an acknowledgement of your loss. There’s just none that are appropriate. An incredible tragedy that no words can cover. I’m sorry to hear how deeply the holocaust affected your family. What a terrible waste of human life. We will truly never forget.

Frankly I don’t think most people know exactly why Jews are so reviled. Even my 90 yo devoutly Christian mother didn’t know. Many people just follow a mindset wo knowing the reasons. And it’s been passed along for generations. I’m not even sure I know why the discrimination exists. That’s partly the reason I have no ill will - I wouldn’t even know why it was being projected. Sad but true. I have a number of close Jewish friends - some of them don’t know why the ill will exists. We live in a &$&$* up world.

I"m very sorry about your losses Hemi. Never forget that these Nazi bastards as well as other factions of murder are alive and well. We don't have FDR, Churchill, Eisenhower,Truman,Patton,McArthur and a whole crap load of others to lead the next fight for life. when I grew up as a kid it seemed that damned near all of our Fathers/men in town were in the war and in that space in time we received an education that I not sure has been equaled, seems like yesterday to me but now I am old/broken down and telling my grandsons.

Read the book Holocaust by bullets: A priests journey to uncover by Father Patrick DeBoises.
It was the most difficult moving book I ever read in my life. Its graphic beyond description and the sad part is its true.
People hate because its instilled in there hearts at a young age. They see others who are different and they are taught to hate, then its passed down to the next generation.
All one needs to do is read how one man whose very soul was taken over by a demon, was able to incite a hatred in a entire country against one group of peace loving people.
My son in laws family, only a few generations ago were victims of a holocaust. When I first met them, the elders were still alive. They told me the stories that were told to them by there elders who actually went through it and lived to tell the stories

What a sad & glorious day
sad because of the atrocities, lives took/murdered
& glorious because they were finally liberated

part of history that will never be forgotten

The atrocities of that war cannot be forgotten. There are generations coming up behind us that are too far removed from the facts of what happened in Nazi Germany. We as elders to the younger generation must be sure they know the truth with all of its horrors of what happened and how it happened. It happened once, it could happen again unless we educate our young that hate in any form can never be tolerated.
God Bless the survivors and the families of those that lost so much

Last edited:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...er-jews/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.17729649fa41
Never forget that the hatred of Jewish people still exists to this very day! We as a nation should stand united against this and not tolerate it
Yes. I have been to Dachau. I cried. I have been to the National Holocaust Museum. I cried. The horrors inflicted are unmatched in human history.

Ref. your second sentence, I'll not say more or this thread will end up in the PF. I think most know what I would say.

Although I'm not Jewish I do go to the gym at our local Jewish Community Center.
In the big hallway at the JCC they have a local holocaust memorial with an interactive computer setup with a list of survivors from our area families.
I bought my second car from a gentleman named George Pfieffer, he was a holocaust survivor who escaped from a concentration camp as boy.
He is on that list and I'll never forget meeting him and his story.

The car was a 1984 Plymouth Gran Fury with 39,000 miles. After talking with him I started the car walked around it and told him I would gladly buy it. He asked me if I wanted to drive it, I said "No Sir. I'll take your word that it's a good car". My wife and I drove it on our honeymoon and for around 8 years and 120,000 miles following.

George used to go to local schools and share his holocaust story.
God rest his soul along with all the countless others who both suffered and died in the worst tragedy the World has endured.

I was 12 when we moved into what was a Jewish neighborhood from our Italian one. There was a synagogue across the street. I had no knowledge of the Holocaust or any preconceived feelings toward Jewish people, as my parents never mentioned anything good or bad about Jewish people.
On the corner was a gas station that was run by a Jewish father and son. When I was 15 I got a job there pumping gas. I asked the son to let me help him do repair work, as I was a motorhead and wanted to learn. They took the time to teach me as we did all kinds of repair work there. I was going to a vocational school for auto mechanics and this helped me greatly.
The wife of the station owner had a catering business and brought all of us lunch often over the two years I worked there. I am Catholic and wore a crucifix all my life and sometimes it would fall out from inside my shirt. I remember once the owner asked me if I had any ill feeling for Jewish people before I worked for him. I had NO clue as to what he was referring to, pretty naive I guess. I remember once him asking me to go with the Rabbi to the temple across the street and do what he asked me to do. When we went in he asked me to turn on the lights as we went room to room. I remember wondering what the heck was that about and he explained when I got back.
The owner (Irv) took me to the Jewish credit union next door to get a loan, that he co-signed so I could buy my first car. Think I was the only gentile member, as the old crew sitting around looked at me a little strange. Getting long winded here but I have very fond memories of this family, as they were my first interaction with Jewish people and it was very positive. It has lasted a life time. Shalom

Last edited:
I was 12 when we moved into what was a Jewish neighborhood from our Italian one. There was a synagogue across the street. I had no knowledge of the Holocaust or any preconceived feelings toward Jewish people, as my parents never mentioned anything good or bad about Jewish people.
On the corner was a gas station that was run by a Jewish father and son. When I was 15 I got a job there pumping gas. I asked the son to let me help him do repair work, as I was a motorhead and wanted to learn. They took the time to teach me as we did all kinds of repair work there. I was going to a vocational school for auto mechanics and this helped me greatly.
The wife of the station owner had a catering business and brought all of us lunch often over the two years I worked there. I am Catholic and wore a crucifix all my life and sometimes it would fall out from inside my shirt. I remember once the owner asked me if I had any ill feeling for Jewish people before I worked for him. I had NO clue as to what he was referring to, pretty naive I guess. I remember once him asking me to go with the Rabbi to the temple across the street and do what he asked me to do. When we went in he asked me to turn on the lights as we went room to room. I remember wondering what the heck was that about and he explained when I got back.
The owner (Irv) took me to the Jewish credit union next door to get a loan, that he co-signed so I could buy my first car. Think I was the only gentile member, as the old crew sitting around looked at me a little strange. Getting long winded here but I have very fond memories of this family, as they were my first interaction with Jewish people and it was a very positive. It has lasted a life time. Shalom
What a nice story, thanks:thumbsup:.

Lost maybe 1/2 of our family there.

נוח על משכבו בשלום

olav ha-sholom

I also lost most of my family to the Holocaust. My maternal grandparents and paternal grandfather were killed in the Warsaw Ghetto. We don't know exactly how. My paternal grandmother, 2 aunts and an uncle were killed in Auschwitz. One aunt survived and she is still alive at 96 today. I also lost about a hundred other relatives killed during the Nazi's reign of murder. My parents both were able to escape and survive in the war zone and my father fought against the Nazis with the Polish and Russian armies.

It burns me up when I hear idiots denying the Holocaust ever occurred. I grew up with no grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins.
My parents were witnesses to what occurred. I know what happened.

NEVER AGAIN !!!!!

I also lost most of my family to the Holocaust. My maternal grandparents and paternal grandfather were killed in the Warsaw Ghetto. We don't know exactly how. My paternal grandmother, 2 aunts and an uncle were killed in Auschwitz. One aunt survived and she is still alive at 96 today. I also lost about a hundred other relatives killed during the Nazi's reign of murder. My parents both were able to escape and survive in the war zone and my father fought against the Nazis with the Polish and Russian armies.

It burns me up when I hear idiots denying the Holocaust ever occurred. I grew up with no grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins.
My parents were witnesses to what occurred. I know what happened.

NEVER AGAIN !!!!!
Genesis 12:1-3
וַיֹּאמֶר יְהוָה אֶל-אַבְרָם, לֶךְ-לְךָ מֵאַרְצְךָ וּמִמּוֹלַדְתְּךָ וּמִבֵּית אָבִיךָ, אֶל-הָאָרֶץ, אֲשֶׁר אַרְאֶךָּ. 1 Now the LORD said unto Abram: 'Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father's house, unto the land that I will show thee.
ב וְאֶעֶשְׂךָ, לְגוֹי גָּדוֹל, וַאֲבָרֶכְךָ, וַאֲגַדְּלָה שְׁמֶךָ; וֶהְיֵה, בְּרָכָה. 2 And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and be thou a blessing.
ג וַאֲבָרְכָה, מְבָרְכֶיךָ, וּמְקַלֶּלְךָ, אָאֹר; וְנִבְרְכוּ בְךָ, כֹּל מִשְׁפְּחֹת הָאֲדָמָה. 3 And I will bless them that bless thee, and him that curseth thee will I curse; and in thee shall all the families of the earth be blessed.'

Although not Jewish, my mother and grandmother ( Polish Catholic ) survived Auschwitz. Her father survived Dachau. Her brother and the rest of her family did not survive the war. Coronet68mx- Thanks for reminding us.

Had an uncle that was a medic in Patton’s Army, he went in to first concentration camp they liberated; never talked about it to anyone.

Auto Transport Service
Back