• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Holy insult batman

Geri

Deceased, But not forgotton
Local time
2:33 AM
Reaction score
has anyone seen the April hot rod ?? page 57 an article of customizing a '69 charger- they removed the side door sculpture- claiming every hated them they slab sided the car rolled the top of the trunk down a bit- then installed a cheap bolt on scoop ? put some fugly home built bumpers on it . all they needed to do is get a '68 Camaro for that build and be half done ,and NOT screw up a'69 charger.
there,I said it and I' m glad.

Got a picture, sounds HORRIBLE!!!:eek:

Last edited:
has anyone seen the April hot rod ?? page 57 an article of customizing a '69 charger- they removed the side door sculpture- claiming every hated them they slab sided the car rolled the top of the trunk down a bit- then installed a cheap bolt on scoop ? put some fugly home built bumpers on it . all they needed to do is get a '68 Camaro for that build and be half done ,and NOT screw up a'69 charger.
And that's probably why I dropped my subscription years ago. Nothing but SBC with a little Ferd thrown in!

Doing that to a Charger should be prosecuted as a capital offense.

I've seen worse renderings of the 2nd gen Chargers......

And that's probably why I dropped my subscription years ago. Nothing but SBC with a little Ferd thrown in!
Went a lot of years without having a sub to HR but got a great deal on a multiyear sub when they told me I could cancel anytime and get my money back. MANY years ago, it was much worse with all the Chevy crap but I think David Freiburger may have been good about changing that some.....and I thought the Blasphemi Hemi powered 55 Chevy that he was in on most likely gave all of the Chevy guys a major heart attack!

I like Hot Rod. The 2nd gen Chargers and E body's seem to be the targets of customizing "experts". Some have looked pretty good, some not as good as stock. I agree when I saw this latest build and what the builder didn't like is part of the character that I did. This build isn't as good looking as the stock vehicle. The longer wheelbase may be more modern but I like the long nose overhang. The missing sculpture lines make it look like a blob. White is lame on a custom build. Overall, yuck.
Doug

Here is the car. Hideous! The car, aside from the grille, looks almost FORD like...Maybe a 60s Fairlane?
030-1969-dodge-charger-sema-2017.jpg

Here is the car. Hideous! The car, aside from the grille, looks almost FORD like...Maybe a 60s Fairlane?View attachment 569511
I don't like what was done to the Charger but I'm not seeing any Ford of any kind in it except for maybe the slab sides like on a 65-66 Galaxie.

That is just fugly. While I have never been a Charger fan, nothing done to that car was an improvement. Whoever thought that those mods would look right needs to find another line of work.

The picture I put up doesn't show it. You have to see the other angles to see what crimes they did.

Swing and a miss.

I have yet to see a mod that makes the second generation look any better. But they keep trying...

the more I think of it the madder I get and now Hotrod does not have a reply link or I'd give them a thing or 3. they slap themselves on the back for "saving" the look of the charger when all they did was turn it into an ugly '68 Camaro, as if the car was not bad enough- the addition of the scoop that does not fit the profile of a charger is just another insult. their worksmanship -awesome-
their taste? sucks,

Same here, I even wrote them and told them I wasn`t renewing because I was tired of reading about hi end chevy builds,. Most of them are -pay to have built stuff anyway..

Here is the car. Hideous! The car, aside from the grille, looks almost FORD like...Maybe a 60s Fairlane?View attachment 569511
Honestly in that picture I think it's pretty badass other than the smoothing of the sides? The rolled over Deck lid that isn't very visible in the picture would be a killer for me. I expected worse, still a pretty sweet Charger in my book but I'm known to like that low stance blah, blah.

Roadkill without even being on the road.

Then again, whoever made The Dukes of Hazzard did more damage.
It's all relative.

The picture I put up doesn't show it. You have to see the other angles to see what crimes they did.
I have the rag so I saw other angles. Yeah, I'm not liking it but the article mentions that many do not lol.

I've seen worse renderings of the 2nd gen Chargers......

Went a lot of years without having a sub to HR but got a great deal on a multiyear sub when they told me I could cancel anytime and get my money back. MANY years ago, it was much worse with all the Chevy crap but I think David Freiburger may have been good about changing that some.....and I thought the Blasphemi Hemi powered 55 Chevy that he was in on most likely gave all of the Chevy guys a major heart attack!
actually ,I haven't renewed Hot rod in 7-8 years. they send notice to re subscribe,I don't, then "final issue" I still don't, then- the next month Hotrod arrives for another 2 years or so. STILL no bargain with their pro built-paid others to do everything says"look at my car" then its for sale in 2 months because thy cant pay the builders.Hem in a '55 chev makes it a good car.my lifelong desire is to have an immaculate 100 point '57 Chevrolet convertible and put a greasy 1949 Plymouth inline 6 in it...

Auto Transport Service
Back