• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

horn placement with a 26 inch radiator vs 22

vabchmopar

Local time
9:05 AM
Reaction score
I am restoring a 69 dodge charger and during the process I changed the radiator support (no not the part with the vin) but the correct structure that dodge would have put in if you ordered a 26 inch radiator from the factory. My question is were the horns different, maybe a different mounting bracket if you selected that option. And if so does anyone have a picture of how the factory mounted them and the relay with a 26 inch radiator in the car. Thank you

charger horn.jpeg

horn2.jpeg

horn3.jpeg

I dont think so,I installed a 26 in the Bee,was 22 and no problem installing the horns.

I would like to think that Mopar was smart enough to design a vehicle where horn placement wouldn't be a issue with whatever radiators installed! JMHO

I dont think so,I installed a 26 in the Bee,was 22 and no problem installing the horns.
Do you a picture of your bee, all 4 inches that are needed for the larger radiator are taken from the passenger side. That puts the horns in the way of the rad shroud. I would love to see ia picture with the two horns and the relay mounted from the factory

I can get some tomorrow. I bought the brackets to add my 26 inch radiator

The horns and relay are all the same between the 22 and 26 inch radiators.

I swapped out a 22" for a 26" pass side yoke and reused the hardware I removed from the original. The new metal had marks and holes where the horn threaded boss went. Nothing special was used.
20160811_115904.jpg

Still looking for a picture of the horns and relay installed on a 69 B body with a 26 inch radiator and the rad shroud installed. Thank you

Auto Transport Service
Back