• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How can it be?

Detroit Iron

Local time
6:04 AM
Reaction score
A reproduction Jiffy Jet windshield washer fluid bag is $199, and of course the cap is an additional $30. How can it be that a windshield washer fluid bag for a Ford Mustang is $20???

Because they will sell 20 times the quantity for the Mustang (rust stain)

Same reason for the price of these parts...
Screenshot_20211119-234255_Chrome.jpg

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-1962-D...2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0
Screenshot_20211119-234326_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20211119-234337_Chrome.jpg

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-1962-D...2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0

Last edited:
I replace my bag on a 64 Belvedere with the Mustang one. The Ford logo was easy to remove.I just used Go-Jo hand cleaner and it rubbed right off.
Pay a additional $210 for a cap and logo,, I don't think so. UNLESS you are going for Bloomington Gold points.

Last edited:
Yea because a Chevy or Ford guy can BUY most parts they need as reproduction.
We, on the other hand, have alot of hard to find parts, (especially on the A Bodies).

A reproduction Jiffy Jet windshield washer fluid bag is $199, and of course the cap is an additional $30. How can it be that a windshield washer fluid bag for a Ford Mustang is $20???

This is why my 57 Dodge and 60 Plymouth are hot rods, not stock restorations. It's just too hard to swallow those prices.

I've read that on average, a fella can restore two pony Mustangs for the price of one b-body Mopar
car from the muscle pedigree.
Having done it a few times now, I can attest to that.

from some of the articles I have read, Ma Mopar want an extreme license fee for a reproduction part and thus makes it cost ineffective from the get go for a repopper to get a return on his investment.....I do not think the other makers are that, for no other term, greedy.....

Lol.
Plus if this Bettle was hit in the rear, like the ad suggests, the engine should be in the rear too!
I think the seller put the wrong description on the radiator ad.

I'm just thinking, that as the pool of owners (and cars as well) who'll need these parts is diminishing, at some point in time it would seem that the prices will HAVE to drop, sue to lack of demand for said PRICEY parts!!

Auto Transport Service
Back