• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How do I fix this.

ddpsnake

Local time
3:12 AM
Reaction score
So close to drooping in the engine trans, than the kick down pin push in,dam it whats involved in fixing it.,cant afford a rebuild or even the repair, at this point but i have to.

S6680002.JPG

To start with you need to pull the pan and remove valve body. No big deal, easy. I would put on it's side or vertical so if there a loose part (an E clip) it doesn't go deeper in trans. Dvw or miller are the go to guys on this.

To start with you need to pull the pan and remove valve body. No big deal, easy. I would put on it's side or vertical so if there a loose part (an E clip) it doesn't go deeper in trans. Dvw or miller are the go to guys on this.
Thanks sounds easy.but the last time i drop the valve body lost the little ball bearings.

I don't think you need to take valve body apart to fix this, that's where the balls:D are. The e-clip in picture probably came off. Go to My Mopar and download a service manual if you haven't.

e clip.JPG

Drop pan, put k/d lever back in(& find ur missing e-clip); slip it on the shaft. Reinstall pan, don’t believe anything else would’ve come loose. You’ll have to push in the throttle press valve slightly to get k/d lever back in place fully.

The e-clip could still be on the shaft . It may not have seated in the groove.

Thanks for the help it looks like wile I am at it my as well replace the seat also.

There is a seal and washer that goes on top before the e clip. I agree with above that you shouldn’t need to drop the VB just the pan. The clip probably wasn’t installed because it won’t get into the pan from the outside. Not a big deal to fix just an inconvenience.

Just got back from the transmission shop,they put new selector seals,rear tail stock seal,dip stick seal,convertor seal,trans gasket and filter, for a great price,now i am ready to get it all installed..thanks again boys.

Auto Transport Service
Back