• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How do you pancake ?

kiwigtx

Henchman #4 and Jack-Stand Racer #2
Staff member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
2:53 PM
Reaction score
Are you a syrup guy or just plain old melted butter only?

Do you file-fit the rim, or just take it straight from the pan?

How many degrees of advance do you put into your stacking?

Do you need a trailer hitch or jumper leads to get moving after a pancake meal?

Pancaked on ramp.gif

Tell us how many, what shape and do they all fit on the plate. :poke:

Aunt Gemima is waiting for your response now.

1713305596193.png

(This thread was not sponsored in any way by General Mills)

We add wild blueberries that we pick north of here. Butter on, then so much Canadian Maple Syrup that they can’t soak up any more. Funny thing is the most expensive syrup is the milder tasting pale stuff; I much prefer the stronger flavoured dark stuff and it’s cheaper, besides.
Crispy bacon on the side.

A blue 68 Chevy,that's all you got to go on! I can locate 50 in the time it take me to thumb my nose! There was one more thing,a delivery truck got in his way and he pancaked off a dozer ramp! The locals figure its suped! That's not the car,its the driver!

1 dm (2).png

I make crepes from scratch, super easy. With lots of Canadian maple syrup of course. They can be used to make desserts if you have any left over (which we usually don't)

A syrup guy, but it has to come from an old, established family business in the northeast.

Screenshot_20231210_182918_Google.jpg

Pancakes?
3- buttermilk
6- pieces of bacon

Pancakes must be cooked in the bacon grease.

23hf8aekurl71.jpg

Stack 'em up. Pour gobs of ONLY pure maple syrup. From Vermont. Or... sometimes from those foreign guys up in Canada. Hockey & maple syrup... how can you not love Canada ?

with butter and real maple syrup for me. A side of bacon would be nice, along with a cup of coffee!

Layers of pancakes and peanut butter topped off with my neighbors home made maple syrup from Minnesota

I wasn't a pancake guy for a long time....then I cooked a bunch on the blackstone and the family loved them. Now I have been pumping them out every few weekends. Real butter and Real maple syrup...no exceptions!!

My mom had a fabulous recipe for pancakes from scratch. Involved folding in (not mixing) whipped egg whites. Lightest, most fluffy pancakes I've ever had.
Recipe is long gone, unfortunately. I haven't made any in probably thirty years.
I'm lazy and old now. Generic eggo waffles, generic maple syrup, microwave sausage patties, and real butter. Toaster and microwave and a paper plate. Add three cups of Baileys (also generic) and coffee, and I'm ready for the day.
Fixed in five minutes, instead of an hour.

My mom had a fabulous recipe for pancakes from scratch. Involved folding in (not mixing) whipped egg whites. Lightest, most fluffy pancakes I've ever had.
Recipe is long gone, unfortunately. I haven't made any in probably thirty years.
I'm lazy and old now. Generic eggo waffles, generic maple syrup, microwave sausage patties, and real butter. Toaster and microwave and a paper plate. Add three cups of Baileys (also generic) and coffee, and I'm ready for the day.
Fixed in five minutes, instead of an hour.
We do the whipped egg thing for fluffy pancakes. The recipe is in the old Betty Crocker cookbook. Basically we toss two eggs in the mixer and whisk them into foam. Then add the milk and other ingredients. Makes great fluffy pancakes.

The wife and I get what we call the Pancake sleepies after eating them. I love having them for breakfast but they do leave me wanting a nap.

We just use pancake mix and milk.
Butter each one , top off with whatever fake maple syrup is in the fridge.
Couple fried eggs and some Jimmie Dean sausage.
Cup of black coffee.

There's talk of canadian bacon, and Canadian syrup. I think the syrup would stand out as more distinct.

I cook the pancakes......banana and or blueberry with butter and real syrup...... we have maple trees, and the wife has figured it out

1713324945654.png

1713325006542.png

Wife prefers waffles, so pancakes are rare here...
The mix is from scratch (I've taken a researched recipe and tweaked it to suit our
All-Clad waffle iron, looking for crispness vs. soggy), there's considerable vanilla in
it (real) and the syrup is always Vermont-sourced real maple stuff (we prefer the lighter
stuff vs. dark).

I must admit, doing it all from scratch vs. a box mix makes all the difference, as does
getting a waffle iron that reaches a hot enough temperature to get crispy results.
Oh - I buy White Cap non-stick spray from the Waffle House folks, same stuff they use.
Far better than the store bought crap.

Auto Transport Service
Back