• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How fast is your tagged and street driven car??

No it's not! Even without the scoop you can hear me coming from down the block! I've got nothing to hide!

Hello Mike! Coil overs in the rear with Alston ladder bars, Dana 60, Moser with 456 spool, 31X14.50, 727, 5500 converter, New motor is strictly pump gas the old motor was killing the pocket book with race fuel at $9 a gallon. Received new motor last week after dyno session. It's a 500" 440, 10:1 Ross diamond Pistons, scat crank, fully ported Indy SR heads flowed 370, full roller solid with T&D rockers, TTI 2 1/8 headers, Indy intake, 1050 dominator, Made 670hp and 610 TQ on pump gas!

Hello Mike! Coil overs in the rear with Alston ladder bars, Dana 60, Moser with 456 spool, 31X14.50, 727, 5500 converter, New motor is strictly pump gas the old motor was killing the pocket book with race fuel at $9 a gallon. Received new motor last week after dyno session. It's a 500" 440, 10:1 Ross diamond Pistons, scat crank, fully ported Indy SR heads flowed 370, full roller solid with T&D rockers, TTI 2 1/8 headers, Indy intake, 1050 dominator, Made 670hp and 610 TQ on pump gas!

Sounds like a real road terrorizer...

I have my car about 28 years now. When I first bought it,was maybe a high 11 or low 12 second car.That was with a wedge.About 15 years ago I was able to aquire my 1st hemi.With a crossram it went high tens,with a tunnel ram it went mid 10's.It has ALWAYS been a cruzer hitting all the local hang outs.

This is 2004ish

Attachments

• 2009-04-24-1739-41.jpg
    2009-04-24-1739-41.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 382
  • DSCN0032.jpg
    DSCN0032.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 382
  • 2009-04-25-1537-35_edited.jpg
    2009-04-25-1537-35_edited.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 375
  • 2009-04-25-1540-23.jpg
    2009-04-25-1540-23.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 378

We need pictures of the motor and the car.....
Mike

- - - Updated - - -

If I remember right, this thread is titled 'How fast is your tagged and street driven car??' :grin:

Cranky,
No reason a street car (like mine) that has current California Plates and Insured with Hagerty cannot have a roll bar and M/T ET Street Drag Slicks....

- - - Updated - - -

Plumwagon...that is one sweet motor. Should go 10.50's. Do you take it to the drags much. Let me know.
Mike

11.62 @115.53

"The Chicken" went 11.62 @ 115.54 at a track rental at Maple Grove last spring. Went a 1.52 60'. The combo is a 440 Source 496" wedge with CNC'd Stealth Heads. it has a mild, solid-roller cam and 4.30 gears. I drive it 1500-2000 miles per year.

When I returned from the track rental, i realized I only had 30 degrees of total timing in it. When i set the timing correctly, it picked up about 1000 rpm's at idle. It's a totally different car now. Can't wait to get it back to the track to see if it will beat the best ever of 11.21 @ 121.5mph. That was a different, high compression engine.

Attachments

• Chicken on Parkview.jpg
    Chicken on Parkview.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 330
Cranky,
No reason a street car (like mine) that has current California Plates and Insured with Hagerty cannot have a roll bar and M/T ET Street Drag Slicks....
I have no problem with bars in street cars. That response in post 61 was because of another member saying that street cars do not have bars in them. I plan on sticking in at least a 6 point (or more) into my street car.....if I ever get it going again :D

Street car has a wide interpretation, I chuckle at all the old timers that tell me my car can't be fast, reliable, and get good mileage. I'm hoping for 25mpg with the ac running in my 1500 horsepower street car. It's not cheap, but now days it isn't IF it can be done it's how much you're willing to spend to do it.

"The Chicken" went 11.62 @ 115.54 at a track rental at Maple Grove last spring. Went a 1.52 60'. The combo is a 440 Source 496" wedge with CNC'd Stealth Heads. it has a mild, solid-roller cam and 4.30 gears. I drive it 1500-2000 miles per year.

When I returned from the track rental, i realized I only had 30 degrees of total timing in it. When i set the timing correctly, it picked up about 1000 rpm's at idle. It's a totally different car now. Can't wait to get it back to the track to see if it will beat the best ever of 11.21 @ 121.5mph. That was a different, high compression engine.

Very Nice RR too, very respectable

Mid 11's on motor. Mid 10's on NOS. Tagged, insured, and driven regularly. No cage.

2hmjwqo.jpg

20hkah0.jpg

Its awesome to see cars that are being used like they should be!

Street car has a wide interpretation, I chuckle at all the old timers that tell me my car can't be fast, reliable, and get good mileage. I'm hoping for 25mpg with the ac running in my 1500 horsepower street car. It's not cheap, but now days it isn't IF it can be done it's how much you're willing to spend to do it.
Don't know where you are in Texas but I've had several fast and reliable cars and I guess you can call me an old timer being I'm quickly headed toward that 65 mark. Heck, never was afraid to take a long trip in any car of the 60's so why would it be different now? Fuel mileage was another story lol but had a mild 71 340 Cuda that got 17 in town.....

Yah, I totally agree with you Cranky. I was talking to some pretty closed minded, only know one way to do things kind of guys.

With A/C is very cool.If I don't beat it up{so hard not to} can pull about 12 to 15MPG

I think it's gallons per mile at 20# of boost.

It's smiles per gallon though at that point.

I agree with both of you it's not if you can, it's if you can afford it. Hoping to have my car don this summer so I can post some #s. I hope to get 15 mpg with the AC on, and 11.50 in street trim, with the cut outs open. With a lowly 440.

Yah, I totally agree with you Cranky. I was talking to some pretty closed minded, only know one way to do things kind of guys.
I try not to hang around those kind. I take a look at things and try to figure out a different/better way of doing it that isn't copying someone else. Usually when I toss out an idea, someone will laugh and tell me how crazy I am but then when they see it in action, they'll just say "that ain't gonna work for long" type of crap instead of just accepting the fact that there's always more than one way to do something. Yeah, some things have to done a certain way but not everything is that way....

Auto Transport Service
Back