• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How fast is your tagged and street driven car??

Thanks Mike for the compliment. Not sure it's a dream build but it's what I can afford! And as far as the fuel pump it's got an aeromotive A1000. It has a certified 8.50 cage. Got the new motor in this weekend and am very happy with the single cruise I took before it got dark. New Dominator needs some tuning, anyone in the Riverside Ca area that is good with Dominator tuning please let me know!!

Plum: In regards to Dominator tuning...I bet you this:If you explain what the carb is doing (or not doing) when you drive the car, if it is a "launch" from a dead stop, or "gassing it" at 30-50mph, or whatever, I bet you would get all the help you need from guys right here on this site.
Just start a new thread in the Racers Forum call "Need help tuning my Dominator"Mike

I like looking at rears also:laughing6:

PERVERT !!!!!! Ron LoL !

- - - Updated - - -

Man that Colt looks like it had to be a handfull with all that power in such a short wheelbase ! Ron

My car is a street car in every sense of the word. Jump in it and go get milk and bread, or hit the highway for hours.... no problem. It'll go 11.60's.

Here's a few pics of mine. It's been a little over a year since I had it to the track. This picture is from the last time I was there. I've also had the front bumper re-chromed and added a new old stock grille and headlight bezels since then; I had to post the pic.

It's gone 12.25. I have a 470 stroker with pocket ported 213 cast iron heads with big valves and a small hydraulic flat tappet. I put the manifolds back on it this year along with a 2.5" TTI mandrel bent exhaust. The butt dyno does not think it slowed down from the hooker comp long tubes and the compression bent 2.5" flow master muffler exhaust that I had on there before but I'm itching to see.

I think next year it's going to get some magnum 500's and some redlines; I'm going in the factory appearing stock tire direction. Mr. Porter is probably going to be getting a call from me in the next few years to do some 906 heads and grind me a camshaft.

Attachments

• IMG_0532.JPG
    IMG_0532.JPG
    140 KB · Views: 394
  • IMG_0864.jpg
    IMG_0864.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 408
I know this thread is about street driven cars, but regarding the Colt & short wheelbase.... my last drag car in the late '80's was an '80 Arrow tube car. It was 92" wheelbase, a 451 low deck, 9.30 @ 145 and it went "straight as an arrow". It was easier to drive than my '65 Coronet @ 128. But it was strip only, on the street not sure how you'd keep it straight.

Some serious machines here gentlemen. I have no intentions on racing, when I finally get the drive train together. But, I will take it down the track, just for fun to see what times she will do. Let me share a little quote, one of the guys at the Trifive forum posted on his page.

"The Older I Get The Faster I Was."

The track is a whole different experience and tells you how fast the car is. Many years ago I was running 10.90's with my '65 Coronet at the strip & took my brother in law's '68 GTX 440 4 spd, 4.10 for a street drive. Incredible feeling, spin the tires in 3 gears, hard to keep it straight. This was a worn out 440. I was totally impressed with what a real street car felt like. This car probably wouldn't make mid '13's. But street feel was fantastic!

Some serious machines here gentlemen. I have no intentions on racing, when I finally get the drive train together. But, I will take it down the track, just for fun to see what times she will do. Let me share a little quote, one of the guys at the Trifive forum posted on his page.

"The Older I Get The Faster I Was."
.Best of 9.5's at almost 145 MPH
The older I get,the faster I go

'70 cuda, 572 hemi, pump gas, 727, 4.10 dana, 295-65 drag radials, etc. etc.
3900 lbs. w/ driver.
9.54 at 140.4 mph on motor
8.95 at 149.7 mph on spray...still a lot more in it.

Attachments

• cuda 295s.jpg
    cuda 295s.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 263
big hemi, what kind of flywheel hp you got without spray? also do those tires hook decent? just trying to get a feel for what mine will do?

'70 cuda, 572 hemi, pump gas, 727, 4.10 dana, 295-65 drag radials, etc. etc.
3900 lbs. w/ driver.
9.54 at 140.4 mph on motor
8.95 at 149.7 mph on spray...still a lot more in it.

I'm guessing it's around 825 flywheel hp naturally aspirated.

I've had a few different tires on the car and these seem to work the best for THIS car. It really started working good when I put D/A shocks on all 4 corners.

what brand/style of shock would you recommend? I have kyb's on now and haven't got to drive car yet but ive heard bilstiens are supposedly best all around performance, this will be a 825hp blown 70 charger 80% street 20% track btw

- - - Updated - - -

im running nitto 305/45/18 drag radials

I went w/ Viking shocks. The shocks you mentioned are not drag race oriented shocks. The tires you're running won't hook anyway.

Auto Transport Service
Back