• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How much sound deadening

greenmachine

Local time
12:17 AM
Reaction score
hi everyone
Quick question, I'm getting ready to order second skin sound deadening and was wondering if anyone remembered off hand how much they used on a 69 b body (69 coronet). I want to do firewall to tail lights, roof, doors. Car is not in my garage or I would measure right now. Thanks. Erik.

I believe detroit muscle has a complete, pre-measured kit

Last edited:
I used 4.1m2 (11 sheets of 810mm x 460mm) for the floor of my 66 Satellite. If you add the roof and doors you'd be looking at around 7m2 I reckon, assuming 1 sheet each per door plus the roof at 1.5m x 1.5m.

If it is a shell on a rotisserie....I sprayed Lizzard Skin ,BOTh products, inside every nook and cranny of my car inside and out where it made sense. Very quiet, temp stays nice inside, not bulky or heavy. Costs a bit more but you get complete coverage.
Something to consider while car is stripped down.l

not to hijack the thread, but Darius, did you spray the lizard skin yourself? or have your painter do it?
I am very interested in this

My buddy actually sprayed it but I was there when he did it. The only caution I have is to make DAMN sure you tape off any studs or threaded holes or you WILL be employing a tap and die to clean the stuff off the threads! Great stuff and MUCH lighter than any of the peel and stick type stuff PLUS you can get it where you can't reach with the peel and stick material. The car was outside on the rotiss on a 105 degree day. Could have probably fried the proverbial egg on the roof but could hold my palm against the underside of the roof with no real discomfort!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTBdMtTOmXOV4qkpEGzQf291gTgGezAROrB6IXiRAPWWvEXkyywBA.jpg

51dHVc0QdKL._SX425_.jpg

Thanks for all the responses! I ended up going with noico sound deadening. Rated well and on sale. Starting with 50 sq. Feet. Probly gonna need a 100 to do the whole thing.

Thanks for all the responses! I ended up going with noico sound deadening. Rated well and on sale. Starting with 50 sq. Feet. Probly gonna need a 100 to do the whole thing.

I used peel and seal. Worked great. I only spent a little over a 100 dollars

If it is a shell on a rotisserie....I sprayed Lizzard Skin ,BOTh products, inside every nook and cranny of my car inside and out where it made sense. Very quiet, temp stays nice inside, not bulky or heavy. Costs a bit more but you get complete coverage.
Something to consider while car is stripped down.l

Curious... how "hard" is the lizzard skin when it drys? Or does it have the rubbery spongy feel to it. Thanks

It is as hard as a rock, harder than undercoating or any kind of peel and stick product. Make sure you tape any bolts or threaded openings before you spray it!

For the weight conscious that are not concerned with insulation for sound or air temps, you can dampen noise with small strips or even a small square. A 1" square (or round) will dampen 1 sq ft more than you might think and a 2" square will dampen it more...

Auto Transport Service
Back