• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

how to pick a cam for a tunnel ram with 2 750's

Bluefish

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
3:46 PM
Reaction score
I have a 511 with 12.5:1 compression. Anyone with good advise on how to best select the cam for street/strip use? I have a 5100 8" stall with a 4.10 gear. Looking to go high 9's low 10's.

Talk to whoever's you are buying you cam from. They usually have knowledge of what you need per application

That is a NASTY street car for sure. Good luck!

:thumbsup:

Call the cam
Companies. Talk to someone who knows cams (not a phone jockey)
Have a custom cam ground for your specific application. It will cost 10% or thereabouts more than a “shelf” cam.

That is a NASTY street car for sure. Good luck!

:thumbsup:
Doesn't run bad, just want to pick things up a bit . Ran a best of 10.40@130 with an 1100 Dominator and a 270@50 SFT cam.

Are you taking advantage of the heads with lifting the valve as much as possible? (More rocker ratio?)
I’d just run the T-ram and see what ya get. Perhaps a few pounds lost would help.

IF! You can increase the rocker ratio, drop a few pounds and run the T-ram, all these things should equal your goal before a cam change.
Just food for thought. Looking forward to the results.

Are you taking advantage of the heads with lifting the valve as much as possible? (More rocker ratio?)
I’d just run the T-ram and see what ya get. Perhaps a few pounds lost would help.

IF! You can increase the rocker ratio, drop a few pounds and run the T-ram, all these things should equal your goal before a cam change.
Just food for thought. Looking forward to the results.
Yes, my plan is to use my current cam and if combo doesn't produce good results, then gonna install a solid roller. Just getting my ducks in a row for now. Max lift will be in the .650 range and still have good piston to valve clearance.

I’ve done the single 4bbl to TR 2x4bbl swap several times.

Never changed the cam.....TR always made more power.

How much more power depends on the overall combo, and whether or not it can exploit the benefits of the TR.

As mentioned, work with the cam manufacturer of your choice to make a decision. Don't go by everyone's opinion on here because we all have different opinions. I run a tunnel ram with dual 1050 Dominator's on the street with no issues (other than mileage...).

What style cam are you running now? Specs please.
What year are you running now? Flow specs available?
Thanks.
Some of the specs are in the posts above. The cam is a sft with 270@50 duration. 625 lift on a 110. Heads flow 350@600 and 356@700. Max wedge port.

Cam selection is mystical & magical. You really will benefit from getting to a "back room guy" not phone answer guy. Off the shelf is a real guess at best. And speaking to a Mopar person really helps.

Cam selection is mystical & magical. You really will benefit from getting to a "back room guy" not phone answer guy. Off the shelf is a real guess at best. And speaking to a Mopar person really helps.
Bullet cam?

Auto Transport Service
Back