• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How to remove switches/sliders off

davek

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
2:57 AM
Reaction score
want to remove sliders off to redo letters. I dont know how to remove from ac/heater vacuum switch. And should all switches move freely when all together? thanks.

20240117_132222.jpg

20240117_132217.jpg

They just pop in place. However an old switch may be very brittle and break before they pop out. Heating them with a heat gun may let them release easier. Prying them to replace will most likely just crack the switch.

anyone have a pic of the back side of the pulls?
1705519504061.jpeg

The backside is just a ball intersected by the vertical piece show in your earlier photos. They just snap in place.

Ok got them off but the OFF slider will not slide off main piece. Am I missing something?

20240117_162249.jpg

tried to slide it off and it stops. I moved it back and forth and dont want to break it.

20240117_162249.jpg

I got it,had to man up with it.

I got it,had to man up with it.
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." - Albert Einstein

Auto Transport Service
Back