• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hurricane Sally...This one looks like a direct hit on biomedtechguy...

Be safe the lord will protect you and the wife.

My friend @DeltaV...that's so cool I reposting the pic. Thanks!
Custom Image 13092020154107.jpg

Well, I saw the Sunday night updated track for Hurricane Sally, and in 12 hours it hasn't changed. Literally, if it goes on the center track of the projected route, the eye will pass over my house. EDIT: As of 9:45 PM, the overall forecast track has moved EAST slightly, and that's the best direction. 10 PM update coming.
My wife's greenhouse has plastic wall and ceiling panels, I expect they will wind up scattered about. Other than that, I have some concerns about falling trees, not on our house, but definitely taking out power lines and internet via cable, although I may have cellular web access.
It's the level of the water that concerns me the most. Not "if" I'll get water, but how high and how long will it stay.
Thanks again for everything!
I'll check in!

Last edited:
Last I looked we can expect 16”+ of rain here and 80+ mph winds. We’re going to be on the East side of the storm. That much water on the ground and those winds, not a good thing when it comes to trees. Vehicles filled up, saws gassed up.Good luck, And prayers for y’all in the path.

Just saw on tv Sally has slowed and made a slight turn to the east. It was predicted to go straight up the MS river but now predicted to go just east of it.
They are already getting a storm surge along the coast.
Landfall was supposed to be Monday night. Now its Tuesday.

I am going to call it a night, but yes, track forecast has moved quite a bit to the east, and if that holds true, that's a BIG help.
Thanks again everyone!
I'll follow up and I hope all are ok!

I’m a little late..but be safe and prayers sent

I am sitting on a boat in Port Fourchon, over by Grand Isle. Praying for Mississippi, looks like we dodged another one.

Good, Lord.

3 in 2 months?

...but you need one more to tie our record!

I am sitting on a boat in Port Fourchon, over by Grand Isle. Praying for Mississippi, looks like we dodged another one.
If the latest track holds, I'll still get some strong winds and a TON of rain, and I'm sure the water will come up, BUT I'd be on the west side of the storm, and that's so much better than the east side.
I see a 4'-6' storm surge forecast for the Lake just 2 miles south of my house, and that's bad.
To the east of where I live is the Mississippi Gulf Coast, where the Cruisin the Coast event happens, and here's a couple of pictures of my house under construction, 2½ blocks off the beach, where the track has shifted to.
20200814_113302.jpg
20200814_113153.jpg

So...
I played a recording of another local news channel and they did a focused report on the storm surge in the Lake just south of me, the source of the surge water I get. IF the track stays east, the wind direction will keep the worst of the surge away.
This hurricane season has truly been one that although initial reports looked really bad, by the time several storms made landfall, they had shifted, a LOT in most cases.
I wouldn't wish flooding or bad weather on anyone, but I am GRATEFUL for prayers that have been sent for me and all affected people.
What a GREAT forum family!!

Sorry yet another storm is rolling in on ya'll. Had relatives living in Marrero for a long time. Just got to be too much for them as they grew older. Several years ago, moved out and are now fryin' in Tucson, saying they should have never left Marrero!
Hold tight man!

I know at least a dozen guys out here on this boat and a couple others that all have houses or live in the Bay St Louis/Gulfport area. Most of them are on the boats right now instead of off.

I know at least a dozen guys out here on this boat and a couple others that all have houses or live in the Bay St Louis/Gulfport area. Most of them are on the boats right now instead of off.
Be sure to contact me via the forum or PM for Cruisin the Coast!! October 4th thru the 11th!
I was going to tow my travel trailer to that lot once a year for Cruisin the Coast, and that idea turned into the house you see.:rolleyes:

Glad to hear you are ok! It sounds like you Dodged a big bullitt!
Well...IF it stays east, it won't be AS BAD as it could have been. I'm sure I'll have some pictures to post of my house with me in it, surrounded by water, but less than it was looking like. I won't know how bad until Thursday probably, with tonight thru Tuesday and Wednesday as the worst of it.
Thanks again to all of you!

Auto Transport Service
Back