• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I broadsided a truck!

Ouch. Good thing you're ok. Ya that is pretty wadded up and will take a doner car for lots of parts. It''s going to take everything from the firewall foreward and I bet there is other damage further back. Sorry to say, it doesn't look good.

Ugh. Glad you're ok. Sorry about the car but it can be fixed...

1. Find someone with experience, who is GOOD with a frame machine. Take time, and a little research for this. I suspect the car will need to be pulled AND that rail replaced. Check the right side of the car carefully for bad gaps, door out of square, etc. Good luck man!

Man, glad you're OK. That was a nasty hit. Good luck with the insurance, play hardball, they will probably try to lowball you. I had the same situation (guy pulled out in front of me) and totaled my '96 Indy Pace Truck with a trailer hooked up to it. They wanted to give me low price for a regular '96 Dodge 1500. I made them try to find comps (which they couldn't) and held out for almost 6 months before they agreed to pay what it was worth.

Sorry to see this, but I am also glad to hear that you’re ok. I think the car can be fixed, and I would probably get to removing all of the obvious damage and get to what it looks like underneath.

Sorry about the car glad your ok. Sad but you can replace the car not your life. The Big Man was watching over you. Thank you Lord.

So..........sorry. Glad you are going to be OK. IMO the car can be fixed. You will probably go pretty deep into the $50K insurance with all the time and metal work. Just be very selective on who does the work. Hope you heal quickly, but as stated do not sign any releases until you are sure.

Really need more pic's at different angles to give us a good view.Can the hood be opened?? Pictures please.

Glad your ok. These old rides don't give much. That must have really rung your bell !

How long have you had your car? They become part of the family after awhile. That's what hurts also.

Good luck with your outcomes and keep us posted.

Glad your ok. Is it fine from the doors back? Roof not buckled, windshield intact etc.. Like many others said it is going to need for sure the firewall wall forward with rails. I would contact @moparmarks as he gets some clean structural parts.
door flew open on impact, can't shut door.now

Glad your"OK". Every classic car owners nightmare. Doors opening doesn't sound good.

Sounds like there's some displacement in several areas including the frame, cowl, A pillar, rocker, inners and outers, + who knows..

Ditto all the above well wishes. Hang in there and good luck on the repairs. God bless

Hey cranky locked up the brakes couldn't stop in time hit him at about 55 mph

69roadr, hope you recover quickly, then think about the car. Watch those ribs and don't puncture a lung. I guess I should start wearing my shoulder belt at all times. I only used that belt just before two fools sitting side by side waited for the traffic light to turn green.

Last edited:
Man that sucks!! Glad you're gonna be ok. I've also had a couple nice cars torn up because of other people. I can't stress how much I agree with Wagonman GET A LAWER!! last wreck I was in I waited until 4 days before the 2 year Statute of limitations ran out and still no offer from the insurance company on my personal injury claim. Every month they'd send me a letter saying they were still reviewing my case so with four days left I had to find a lawyer to take my case. If you get any decent lawyer I Guarantee even after you pay his fees you'll come out money ahead and it usually costs nothing for the initial consult.Thats two cents worth Good Luck

Auto Transport Service
Back