• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I broadsided a truck!

God Bless you. Get healed. I’ve had close calls, so far been lucky. Any full car pictures or pics of the truck for us?

That's a bad looking crash. I am also pleased to hear that you are ok. Best of luck for the repairs/insurance payout.

Exactly... First time that happens is the frame rack..
The time on the frame machine without removing anything will give you a the information you need to make a decision on weather the car can be fixed, and exactly what will be needed. As the doors are sprung and won't go back in the hole you may have to make a tuff decision on weather it can be saved. There is certainly the technology to fix these cars today, it's just a matter of the dollars required. Thankfully I have never been as unfortunate as this, but I would have to ask myself if I would ever be happy with the car again. I have had an occasion with a car less than a year old that was in a serious accident but it wasn't 75% of the value and it was fixed. I wasn't happy and didn't feel comfortable in it and traded it less than a month after getting it back.

Sorry brother. Glad you're (mostly!) OK. Cars can be fixed but life is so precious...good luck you'll get 'er fixed up.

Man that sucks dude,glad to hear you are ok. I had a similar thing almost happen to me a few years ago,I was driving my Charger convertible to the Lebanon Valley Mopar show,my friend was following me in his general lee Charger,when A Mass State Trooper leaving the station,cut across my lane and stopped. I slammed on the brakes at 70 MPH,and my friend went around me on my right leaving me no where to go. The trooper was cutting through a small opening in the guard rail,but was waiting for an opening in traffic on the other side to clear so he could go. He finally went right before I T boned him! Two seconds longer it would have been really bad. He was in the wrong not going around the right way to get to the other side,but I doubt that's how the State police would have wrote it up. As for your Road runner,Check how the door vent window frames fit to the A pillars,when these cars take a hit like that,the A pillar usually gets bent. It may be able to be pulled back,but it may be cheaper to find another Road Runner body.

no need to talk
put it on a frame machine first and pull it back in place
before removing anything
That was what I was considering for my '70 XH Charger.
ElDubb 440 said that if my doors opened and closed normally, the main structure of the car is fine and to just cut off the bent stuff and slip the replacement stuff in.
See my thread:
"Lookie what $5000 buys you."

wow..... you're lucky to be alive.........that thing is hurt bad, post up some more pics if you can.......the cowl, firewall, and hinge pillar has got to be stuffed pretty good and the roof likely buckled

That was what I was considering for my '70 XH Charger.
ElDubb 440 said that if my doors opened and closed normally, the main structure of the car is fine and to just cut off the bent stuff and slip the replacement stuff in.
See my thread:
"Lookie what $5000 buys you."

lol.... we posted at the same time

wow..... you're lucky to be alive.........that thing is hurt bad, post up some more pics if you can.......the cowl, firewall, and hinge pillar has got to be stuffed pretty good and the roof likely buckled
Roof aint buckled but driver door won't shut think it flew open on impact

This has me thinking about the situation I came across recently, where a cop walked up
to me at a convenience store while I was in my '68 GTX.
He said he'd seen me come in and wanted to know why I wasn't wearing my seat belt -
which of course I had been (lap belt only in the GTX).
After a quick education lesson for the cop, he went on his merry way.

But it got me thinking...
I wonder if my car even has the anchor welded into the roofline to add the shoulder belt?
When did the shoulder belts become even an option on these cars and did they all have the
anchor as part of the body even if the car wasn't optioned for one?

This has me thinking about the situation I came across recently, where a cop walked up
to me at a convenience store while I was in my '68 GTX.
He said he'd seen me come in and wanted to know why I wasn't wearing my seat belt -
which of course I had been (lap belt only in the GTX).
After a quick education lesson for the cop, he went on his merry way.

But it got me thinking...
I wonder if my car even has the anchor welded into the roofline to add the shoulder belt?
When did the shoulder belts become even an option on these cars and did they all have the
anchor as part of the body even if the car wasn't optioned for one?

Shoulder belts were std equipment & the mounts are there...
https://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS/555/70075/10002/-1

779176-83bea7caf8267db1b0cfb41246cb0336.jpg

crying indian.jpg

Glad you're still with us after all that!!!

At least you live in an area where you can find another solid Road Runner body. I would go that route, that car will probably never be as structurally strong as it was before the crash. I put a whole front clip on my 71 Challenger convertible, everything from the tortion bar crossmember forward, but there was no cowl damage, and the doors opened and closed properly, and the window gaps were good. I put the whole clip in in one piece,with the K frame and transmission mount in place to keep everything square.

Man, that hurts just seeing the photo. I feel for you. I'm happy that you made it out alive.

Did the steering column collapse like they're designed to do?

Brake upgrade and 3 point belts in the future?

Hey cranky locked up the brakes couldn't stop in time hit him at about 55 mph
You did it again.....don't do that!
Get into the habit of saying the vehicles collided.
Never, never, never say you hit him.
Good advise on getting a lawyer who will also tell you to never say you hit them.

Auto Transport Service
Back