• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I Can Never Pull Straight into My Garage

Tennis ball hanging from the ceiling. EASY to see.:lol:

If you can approach the door straight, find a mark you can place at 12 oclock over the steering wheel and aim for that.

Here's a pic from my collection of random people and their parking blunders, you're not alone.

View attachment 737033
I had something like that happen in a parking garage, came out and literally had 1' to open my door! I started to walk around and thought.. no, I opened my door (daily beater) right into the damn car and squeezed in. I have absolutely no guilt for people so thoughtless and ignorant!

On the garage parking issues the masked off lines look like a good idea because I can never get mine lined up on the lift the first, second or 3rd time, always favoring the driver side.

Lets see your example of your garage with a B body in it!
Don't have a pic but I back into my garage and with the door shut, I have about 2 feet to spare so I try to get a foot on both ends, of course I'm extremely cautious so usually takes me about 3 tries to get it right :thumbsup:

Don't have a pic but I back into my garage and with the door shut, I have about 2 feet to spare so I try to get a foot on both ends, of course I'm extremely cautious so usually takes me about 3 tries to get it right :thumbsup:
Bill....that post was only pertaining to one ingle person at which whom I quoted.......

B bodies are a joy to back into small spaces....

Bill....that post was only pertaining to one ingle person at which whom I quoted.......

B bodies are a joy to back into small spaces....
10.4. still takes me about 3 tries to get her right. I need a bigger garage!

I've been parking crooked on purpose for so long I may have troubles getting it straight later...
beerestoration2019 1093.JPG

I see this a lot and it's usually the Big Lincoln, Cadillac SUV's. You know those privileged special people. They are the ones in front of the grocery store fire lane with their 4 ways on. The 4 ways make it okay.

Here's another one but different. Taking up two spaces tandem style. I am guilty as doing this myself. HOWEVER, I will correct the mistake, get back in my truck and adjust accordingly. I would never leave my vehicle parked unattended like the two examples I posted.

IMG_8418.JPG

Problem with trucks, they don't fit in any spots anymore.. especially my super crew with 6.5' box.. You're either like that or way out into the travel lane.

Agreed to some degree. This guy had enough room in front of him to clear the line. And it's a short box truck on top of that. The quad cab pick ups with the 8 foot beds, now there's a challenge. But I've seen it a few times where people are trying to park these type of trucks in tight areas closer to the store entrance. Are you kidding me! The time spent jockying back-n-forth to position the truck could've been spent by parking further away in an open area and walk the distance to the store entrance. This does NOT include the handicap people. But typically a handicap person is not going to be trolling around in a 22 foot long p/u truck.

The body lines on 71-72 plymouths take some getting used to. Even worse if the rear is jacked up.
All four corners and both sides disappear. Nine foot wide doors are great for pulling the 6'3" butt end threw. I did manage to get it part way threw a seven foot door way with no garage walk doors. Now how the heck do I get out of the garage?

Problem with trucks, they don't fit in any spots anymore.. especially my super crew with 6.5' box.. You're either like that or way out into the travel lane.
Can not get out of the super duty when parked between two cars in a normal parking spot. That and they do not make spots long enough for even extended cabs with eight foot beds. In most parking lots parking away from the crowd is a necessity just to get into a parking spot so if it hangs over into the spot behind tuff.

Almost certainly a visual abnormality. Body lines in conflict with garage lines. I'm betting it's not as prominent with different vehicles? And may be just how your eyes interpret? Just need to focus on a different reference. Like some what was suggested. Tape lines on the floor. Or even a hanging tennis ball lined to center of windshield.

Tennis ball to center of steering wheel may work better. That way it is in the direct line of sight.

A lot of Asians over here have these little plastic stalks at all four corners of their cars with a light at the top - some sort of indicator for vertically challenged people....are you a shorty as well??? :p
No problems here...only solutions. :lol:

upload_2019-3-23_18-32-1.png

Auto Transport Service
Back