• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I feel a story coming on...

Thanks for the great story Ed.
I certainly think different now about things than I did 5-10 years ago.

Thanks for the great story Ed.
I certainly think different now about things than I did 5-10 years ago.
Thanks - and you make a very good point about perspective and aging, too.
If there's a #1 regret I can own up to in this life, it's that I didn't quite follow up on some
of these family history queries of mine say 25 or 30 years ago.
No excuses proffered here - I'll just say that situations in life and in family in those days
were not condusive to promoting such curiosity and/or investigations back then.

Nonetheless - I wish I had anyways.

Ed your trip was planned and executed at the appropriate time for you and there’s a lot of people here including myself that really understand and appreciate you for taking the time and effort to post this very important time in your journey of life. Thank you sir.

Ed your trip was planned and executed at the appropriate time for you and there’s a lot of people here including myself that really understand and appreciate you for taking the time and effort to post this very important time in your journey of life. Thank you sir.
Very kind of you! Sitting here this evening after all that went down recently, though - only one thing is sort of bugging me
at the moment:
Vacation is over and I don't wanna return to work. :lol:

Well hell....that almost sounds sort of normal, eh? :)

Today’s my last vacation day for now, back to the grind tomorrow morning. Things are looking up though because I am going to drive the Charger to work and put some miles on it.

Today’s my last vacation day for now, back to the grind tomorrow morning. Things are looking up though because I am going to drive the Charger to work and put some miles on it.
Attaboy-Logo.png
Yeah, Fred got taken out several times this week - and as I continue down this path I'm apparently on,
that happens more and more as it occurs to me "what am I saving him for?"
I built him to drive - and imperfect as he may be, he's gonna get driven now, every chance I get. :thumbsup:

Thanks - and you make a very good point about perspective and aging, too.
If there's a #1 regret I can own up to in this life, it's that I didn't quite follow up on some
of these family history queries of mine say 25 or 30 years ago.
No excuses proffered here - I'll just say that situations in life and in family in those days
were not condusive to promoting such curiosity and/or investigations back then.

Nonetheless - I wish I had anyways.
Very interesting story and perspective. In 2019, my dad was 91 years old. My sister and I with our spouses took my dad around to see the houses he grew up in as well as the house I grew up in. My dad loved it. He passed away 6 months later. We were so grateful we took the time to do that. I have since visited the elementary school, Jr high school and the high school I attended back in the 1950s and 60s. This took a lot of time as I now live in Washington state and I grew up in Ohio. Two summers ago, I visited a distant cousin who had photos and articles about my dad's family. She then drove my sister and I out to the old farmhouse where my dad spent his summers in the 1930s and I talked to the guy living there. Turns out we both served in the Navy in the 1970s, just on opposite coasts. It's so importatnt to go back and visit our family history if possible. Things that were common everyday things make me smile now. Thanks again for bringing it back to mind. Guess I'll take another trip back to Ohio.
Terry W.

Very interesting story and perspective. In 2019, my dad was 91 years old. My sister and I with our spouses took my dad around to see the houses he grew up in as well as the house I grew up in. My dad loved it. He passed away 6 months later. We were so grateful we took the time to do that. I have since visited the elementary school, Jr high school and the high school I attended back in the 1950s and 60s. This took a lot of time as I now live in Washington state and I grew up in Ohio. Two summers ago, I visited a distant cousin who had photos and articles about my dad's family. She then drove my sister and I out to the old farmhouse where my dad spent his summers in the 1930s and I talked to the guy living there. Turns out we both served in the Navy in the 1970s, just on opposite coasts. It's so importatnt to go back and visit our family history if possible. Things that were common everyday things make me smile now. Thanks again for bringing it back to mind. Guess I'll take another trip back to Ohio.
Terry W.
I appreciate your kind words - but even more so, I appreciate your efforts with your dad!
Yep, I've been back to all the locations in my own history and to be honest, I'm good with all that;
I don't particularly feel the need to return to any of them again, because I remember them as they
were - and seeing them present-day mostly led me to disappointment, as most all of them are not
only different now but a few of them have turned into absolute ghettos since my childhood....
They certainly weren't in my day and it's such a shame what's happened since.
Memories will have to do - and they do, vividly. :thumbsup:
Thanks again, Ed

Auto Transport Service
Back