• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I have a few engine block numbers..

slimt

Local time
4:36 PM
Reaction score
$_59-5.JPG
$_59-4.JPG
would any of you gurus know what this breaks down too? its a 383 engine.. But from what?

Thanks...

is there much of a difference in these blocks compared to the Engines for the Road Runners or Chargers? the person wa advertizing for the Muscle cars .nothing about it being a Chrysler block.. 3900 price..

Whether it's a 2 or 4 barrel, the block is the same. I hope the price is not $3,900.00?

Yep Dickie is right. CE23G9 1969 Newport Built at Jefferson.

Mine for reference...

Newport VIN.JPG

There's obviously more to this engine than just a block. It's nothing special, just your basic low-perf 383 2 barrel. If it's got to be rebuilt, I wouldn't pay more than $700.00 for a complete rebuildable engine. If he's selling it as rebuilt, be very wary. You don't know what's been done.

is there much of a difference in these blocks compared to the Engines for the Road Runners or Chargers? the person wa advertizing for the Muscle cars .nothing about it being a Chrysler block.. 3900 price..

No. A block is a block. When the block is cast, for the most part, no one knows what it will go into. It’s the various model or HP specific parts that go into or on the block that steer it toward a specific body or assembly.

Auto Transport Service
Back