• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I just got scammed!

63hemipolara

Local time
11:05 AM
Reaction score
I just got taken for $400 from a group that was claiming to help me
sell my '63 Dodge with a ebay 21 day auction and listing on 16
automotive sites and Mopar specific sites.

I saw the ebay auction but never any web pages when I google searched
1963 Dodge Polara for sale.

I confronted them and asked if they can send over the list of the 16
sites they promise to list you on. 50% of the sites are a direct link
back to their own site with a different header. The remainder are
sites that are all under construction.

BEWARE of this group, basked out of Omaha, NE called Specialty
Marketing, Specialty Auto, etc.

Passing this on to the group because I don't want anyone ever to use
these guys again, and getting burned for $400 when times are tight. I
needto pay my taxes on my home and put it off to put up this ad. Now
I'm out $400 that could have gone to better use.

Just a heads up for the group.

Can you take them to small claims court? If not...the Ted Kaczynski method may be in order!

That Sux, did you ask for a refund? Did the car sell on ebay? post the link to ebay so we can see.

Lol I just looked it up and your asking 79,995.00? Looks like a great car too.

I've had a few call me from Craigslist wanting to list my junk that was advertised on CL....told them to sell the car first and then I'd pay them. They would just hang up and not say another word. That in itself usually means they were scammers. Stay on your toes and doubt anyone that contacts you on a cold call....

Hope you find someway to get the money back from those idiots, Getting harder then ever trusting anyone.

Freaken scumbags... Did the car end up selling ? "That's a Really Nice car", but $79.9k in this market will be tough, just my thinking... I wish you good luck anyway on the sale, remember there's an a$$ for every seat....

i could go knock on there door for you or there heads. i'm in council bluffs, ia. it's only a 10 min. ride people like this are total scum bags. send me the address for them and i'll pay them a visit. wes [email protected] do you have a phone number for the place so i can try and locate them. i ck the yellow pages

I had this same outfit contact me on a couple of occasions and I declined every time. I remember seeing my phone telling me the call was from Nebraska. Glad I stayed away from them and sorry to hear about your situation with them.

i could go knock on there door for you or there heads. i'm in council bluffs, ia. it's only a 10 min. ride people like this are total scum bags. send me the address for them and i'll pay them a visit. wes [email protected] do you have a phone number for the place so i can try and locate them. i ck the yellow pages
-
just having some one show up at their door inquiring about it might be all that is needed. i had a similar situation a couple of years ago in new mexico. being an old truck driver i know a lot of people. all they did was show up in person, problem solved, luckily. these guys you don't screw with.:headbang:

if their lips is moving when they talk don't trust them, I was thinking that the YELLOWER 68 DUDE had struck again when I seen the post, and I'm not him I only dreamed I was the yellower dude and was running from a gang with clubs.

These jackwagons called me a couple years back.Seen my ads,wanted help me.$800 for 2 cars,guaranteed to sell them.50 sites and run till sold even if takes years!I said cool where in Omaha are you located?I drive OTR trucks and at Sapp bros T/S Omaha.I'll come by and do paperwork.Click.Hello?Thats what I thought.

Heads up guys, still no refund from Visa, looking hopeless. I HATE getting burned. Car is not sold. It's on oldride.com, autabuy.com and collectorcarnation.com under 63 Dodge Polara.v Yes it's the one for $79995.00. I have a min in mind but no one has even made an offer.

Will keep everyone posted.

We need to find out where these morons are so we can 'shut' them down!!

Dont count on getteing any money back from visa,i got scammed myself once and tried to get my money back from visa,and they told me when i use my visa card it,s like handing them cash.sorry

Stop paying Visa till its resolved. It may show up on your credit but who cares. It has worked for me in the past.

Auto Transport Service
Back