• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I Need New Rear Tires

Mopar-Charger

Local time
6:36 AM
Reaction score
I have a 1973 charger - Built 360 - 727 TF - 3.55 gear

Current setup - 275/60/15 - 15x8 rims

What do you guys recommend for a tire? I'm on a budget and I drive my car everday. Would it be worth it to go to a 295/50/15 on my 15x8 tire? Or should I stick with a new set of 275/60/15?

I like Cooper Cobras, found a pair of 275's for $209.

Cool site I Found http://tire-size-conversion.com/tire-size-calculator/

You should have all the tire you need now. 295's will mount on your 8" wheels but you will have to under inflate them to get the same tire pattern to the ground as the 275's. Bigger tire more weight, reduced handling and tire life due to lower tire pressure. Not hardly worth it.

Do you want looks or performance. I went with Goodyear L60s on the rear and E60s on the front because they are back in the day looks to them. They're polyglas tires so not made for performance. They will light up when you want them to etc. they're also quite expensive too in my opinion. But I just bought a set of 4 from Universal Tire.

Auto Transport Service
Back