• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

i Thought I Would Give Graveyard Carz Another Try

Bruzilla

Local time
3:35 AM
Reaction score
Wow... I watched the episode last week, and honestly I don't know what to say. When Darren called a customer and told him that he was being blown off, I couldn't believe he didn't get fired immediately. I would have fired my Mother if she did that! All I could do was shake my head.

And on a related matter, I've wondered how all the goofing off these guys do on the TV show impacts their production, and I'm guessing the owner of the Daytona is pretty good evidence that there's a bit too much play time going on, which would beg the question from me of what are those hours being charged to?

Overhead? I don't think these guys are the worker bees, I think they are the faces/entertainment. Plus they are probably making a dime off thier shenangans from Discovery Network.

I just can't stand to watch it. Given it two chances so far. I do like the old Mopars but I just can't get past the way the people act.

they've started adding really good Mopar information in this season. but you have to put up with the built in drama for tv. just mute it when they go down the built in drama road. which is usually pretty easy to spot.

Do you actually buy their story lines? Everything is scripted. The only thing that is real would be the metal on the cars.

Yup, it's just another freaking reality/drama TV show. I've seen on other TV shows where there are people working in the back ground (which rarely gets any air time) that rarely if ever show their faces in front of the camera and I'm sure that's the case here too. It hurts to watch a Mopar shop act like this but when it comes to money, many are whores. Had a Chevy racer that ran a Pro Stock Dodge truck tell me that several years back. It was kinda funny being in his suite at the track and seeing all of his pics on the wall of his wins in GM products lol. That's what the camera never shows. I won't say any names but he was the first to win a national in a Dodge PS truck :D

I hate the way the show is scripted, but...I forgive it all just to see MOPARS in the spotlight like this. I guess its a 'glass half full' mentality?

I have a suspicion that what goes on with the restoration shop occurs on the weekends.

You NEVER see any other customers or any other work being done, which is kinda odd for a working collision shop.

It also explains why some of the crew just decides not to show up.

Wow... I watched the episode last week, and honestly I don't know what to say. When Darren called a customer and told him that he was being blown off, I couldn't believe he didn't get fired immediately. I would have fired my Mother if she did that! All I could do was shake my head.

And on a related matter, I've wondered how all the goofing off these guys do on the TV show impacts their production, and I'm guessing the owner of the Daytona is pretty good evidence that there's a bit too much play time going on, which would beg the question from me of what are those hours being charged to?

One thing I think people need to understand about the show, it's just that a show! Mark takes his restorations very seriously and is in constant contact with me. He gives you a time frame and a not to exceed price for the restoration, so you know what you are getting into from the very start. He tries to keep the car as original as possible, but will call when he thinks something should be replaced because of safety or cosmetic reasons.And even though it is a not to exceed price he has bought many new parts for my car because he thought it was best(He doesn't cheap out!!!). As far as billable hours,he's paying for them!!!

I am still DVR-ing it, but it's actually been getting very so slightly, maybe a small minuscule % better, only 50% BS & Markism's now, 25% product pluging close up shots, a little more about the cars too... It's getting a little better... But now he's not even doing the dashes anymore, he subs them out too, what's up with that ?? {15+ product plugs in a 10 minute period}... I thought he was allegedly {self proclaimed, only a handful of people in the world, can do what he does} the best in the restoration field & the MoPar guru ??... Maybe he's in over his head, with too many projects & not enough "actors to assemble them on TV"... To me it seems like they look to be a parts replacers/buyers assemblers, very little actual restoration going on {on camera anyway} & has the body shop employees, that do the bulk of the restoration work... You would think if he's such a MoPar guru, he claims to be, that he'd want to do as much as he could do himself or in house... I'm kind of surprised that Bill Goldberg brought his 68 GTX Hemi car to them, maybe he just wants TV time, for some boosted resale value, like the guys at Gas Monkey Garage... IMHFO I don't think I would ever bring a car to them, I don't care how good they allegedly are, especially after seeing the antics & stuff the characters/actors portray in TV the show... But "Uncle Fester" Tom from DC .com, that owns the Daytona they were working on, is very satisfied with the work & craftsmanship & says they do really nice work, he's actually finishing the little stuff himself thou... Even thou they dropped his car while trying to move it, then tried to hide it from him, before on another episode {among other cars they have moved & dropped} to the "Assembly Room", thru that stupid narrow doorway... Nobody wants to say how much they "actually charged for the restoration", can't get an answer from anyone who's had a car done there, it seems they must be or are "really expensive" or people just want the notoriety of being on the show, had to sign some sort of agreement about price &/or costs or maybe pay more for that alleged privileges of being on the show... I'm not sure how that works, Mark produces the show himself allegedly...

I am still DVR-ing it, but it's actually been getting very so slightly, maybe a small minuscule % better, only 50% BS & Markism's now, more about the cars... But he's not even doing the dashes anymore, he subs them out too, what's up with that ??, I thought he was allegedly {self proclaimed} the best in the restoration field & the MoPar guru ??... To me it seems like they look to be a parts replacer/buyer, very little actual restoration going on {on camera anyway} & has the body shop employees, that do the bulk of the restoration work... You would think if he's such a guru he'd want to do as much as he could do himself... I'm surprised that Bill Goldberg brought his car to them, maybe he just wants TV time... IMHFO I don't think I would ever bring a car to them, especially after seeing the antics & stuff the characters portray in TV the show... But "Uncle Fester" Tom from DC .com, that owns the Daytona they were working on, is very satisfied with the work & craftsmanship & says they do really nice work, he's actually finishing the little stuff himself thou... Even thou they dropped his car while trying to move it, tried to hide it from him, among other cars they have moved to the "Assembly Room"... Nobody wants to say how much they charge it seems they are really expensive otr

..Do you think he would have put dropping the cars on the show if he was trying to hide it? Why he let us see that only Mark knows. As far as cost......not bad at all!!!!!!

I DVR this show also because I do like when they show useful/interesting information, with the DVR I just skip around. It does seem like the horseplay has lessened a little bit. I follow them on Facebook and before this season got started I did read a lot of comments about less nonsense and more on the restoration process was wanted, maybe they(Velocity)were reading the feedback too. I guess they have to have some entertainment aspect to draw additional viewers to the show but I hope they continue to grow and show more Mopar cars!

I think you gotta take everything with a grain of salt. Discovery is hanging their hat on scripted drama reality shows. This so is more reality than drama compared to other shows....cough cough Amish Mafia. If it keeps them on the air....whatever.

But here we have a show dedicated to Mopar...would you rather it be taken off the air all together?

I think you see the truth in their character right at the end of the show when the young guy is giving Mark hell....Mark puts on his scripted pissed off face but then breaks character and chuckles like you would with a good buddy. Those guys are tight and not at each others throats like the show puts on.

Hell in my garage....if you aint getting hell from me you aren't a real friend...you are just someone there and I would rather you get out of my way. Same thing goes when I'm at my buddies garage wrenching on my buddys 72 Nova. He always gets an ear full of "Man stupid freaking Chevys..." when we run into an issue. He gives me the "Mopar just has to make things difficult" every time i have a stubborn project.

I don't get Graveyard Cars here in Canada...yet. Don't know if Discovery is going to start showing it, but we did get Americarna recently. We just saw episode 3 on Monday.

We should all just be happy we have so many gear head shows to choose from.

I'll take Top Gear (UK), Wheeler Dealer, Counting Cars, Overhaulin or even Gas Monkey before i can watch Graveyard Cars. I mean, i *want to* like it, i just cant get by the bickering and nonsense.

I like Americarna. A car show without the drama.

I hope Americarna lasts. It seems like good shows like that don't run for very long. All the history and knowledge and good nature is refreshing. Evernham seems like a hell of guy too.

I just think there's a difference between shows for cars that revolve around a fictional garage, like Wheeler Dealers or All Girls Garage, and shows built around real garages where people are actually taking their cars. Those shows are in effect an advertisement for their business, and I'll be damned if I've seen anything on Graveyard Carz that would compel me to take my car to them, but to each their own I guess. I know if I had a show being filmed in my business, I would want the viewers to see me as a professional and not as a jackass. If Worman needs attention that bad, he needs to seek some professional help.

And maybe it is all just a show, but what's reality and what isn't? The owner of that Daytona hasn't been happy about delays, and apparently did fly across the country after that dumbass stunt by Darren. They do make a lot of mistakes, and we're only seeing the ones someone decides to shows.

All I can say was if I were allowing a show to be filmed in my business, I would wouldn't want to look like a jackass running it.

Auto Transport Service
Back