• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I was talking to my son, he's a new government employee.

SteveSS

Local time
6:11 PM
Reaction score
He said he had Monday off. I asked why. It's a state holiday

Frances Xavier Cabrini Day​

WTF????

Never heard of her. Sounds like a conflict between church and state to me. I'll stick with Columbus Day.

Frances Xavier Cabrini M.S.C. (Italian: Francesca Saverio Cabrini; July 15, 1850 – December 22, 1917), also called Mother Cabrini, was an Italian-American Catholic nun. She founded the Missionary Sisters of the Sacred Heart of Jesus, a religious institute that was a major support to her fellow Italian immigrants to the United States. She was the first U.S. citizen to be canonized as a saint by the Catholic Church, on July 7, 1946

Never heard of her. Sounds like a conflict between church and state to me. I'll stick with Columbus Day.

Frances Xavier Cabrini M.S.C. (Italian: Francesca Saverio Cabrini; July 15, 1850 – December 22, 1917), also called Mother Cabrini, was an Italian-American Catholic nun. She founded the Missionary Sisters of the Sacred Heart of Jesus, a religious institute that was a major support to her fellow Italian immigrants to the United States. She was the first U.S. citizen to be canonized as a saint by the Catholic Church, on July 7, 1946
Still sounds like a good person, tho. Could have been for the first trans gender pole valter or some ****, I'll take this. Jmho.

There is a catholic parish named after her in Omaha, nebraska.
It is odd that a secular state would have a holiday for a religious figure.

Millions of kids, me included, were educated by Nuns in grade schools across America. Tuition was free during my 8 years and we had 50-55 kids per class. Other orders of Nuns dedicated their lives to nursing and caring for the elderly. They are truly heroes and served this world for no reward and to serve God. I think they deserve more than a 1-day holiday in Co.

Millions of kids, me included, were educated by Nuns in grade schools across America. Tuition was free during my 8 years and we had 50-55 kids per class. Other orders of Nuns dedicated their lives to nursing and caring for the elderly. They are truly heroes and served this world for no reward and to serve God. I think they deserve more than a 1-day holiday in Co.
And what about the sick, demented ogres that physically and emotionally abused kids ? They should've been jailed for what they inflicted on grade school children.

This appears to be a "woke" implemented to banish the evil Columbus of the libtard movement, while substituting a gender-approved person of Italian heritage. This is such an obvious phony act.

There is a catholic parish named after her in Omaha, nebraska.
It is odd that a secular state would have a holiday for a religious figure.
Ever heard of Christmas?
Also, there really is no such thing as "separation of church and state".
The only thing in CotUS is that Congress shall make no laws establishing religion.

Ever heard of Christmas?
Also, there really is no such thing as "separation of church and state".
The only thing in CotUS is that Congress shall make no laws establishing religion.
Down in frog town on tower grove, my first house, my next door neighbor WAS a nun. She had three kids.

:rofl: Theresa lived down the street from the catholic church and went to catholic school from 1-12. Years ago the nuns lived next door to the church, she has seen nuns climbing out the windows at night, FACT!!!

This appears to be a "woke" implemented to banish the evil Columbus of the libtard movement, while substituting a gender-approved person of Italian heritage. This is such an obvious phony act.
If this was a "woke" event they would have given the day to St. George Soros. If you want to pick out a few isolated cases and condemn all Nuns, then all of us who served during the Viet-Nam war are all mass murderers and nobody was a hero. Think about what you are saying before you spew out your hatred.

If you want to pick out a few isolated cases and condemn all Nuns, then all of us who served during the Viet-Nam war are all mass murderers and nobody was a hero. Think about what you are saying before you spew out your hatred.
Spew hatred ? Nope. JUST THE FACTS, MA'AM. I was an altar boy when the Mass was in Latin. I went to Catholic elementary school and Catholic HS Prep school. Every elementary grade 1 thru 8, 2 classes each, all nuns. The atrocities I endured and witnessed were abominable. Physical abuse and humiliation was the norm, not the exception. "Few isolated cases" ? Are you kidding ??!? Please, in the half century plus since I went to grammar school, almost without exception, everyone I've encountered going to Catholic school has told horror stories from their experiences. Today, these nuns would be in jail for child abuse without exception. On the other hand, the Franciscan Brothers in my HS Prep school were disciplinary, but only rarely escalated to a physical event. You equate child abuse with the military ? Are you kidding ? So, these nuns were ordered to systematically abuse children ? I don't have to "think about what I'm saying", I've lived it personally and its far from isolated cases. I could tell dozens of incidents. I don't condemn all nuns, 3 of my 8 were good.

Last edited:
I'll offer one MILD example of abuse. A girl was in class, and apparently that day she was having medical issues with her bladder/urinary. She asked to be excused to go to the bathroom, which she did. A while later, she again asked to be excused. This set off the nun into a tirade, which she scolded and admonished the girl, and denied her request. A little while later, the girl was crying and sobbing in her seat. Everyone thought it was just because she'd been yelled at. When the bell rang for end of class, as she rose up from her desk embarrassed, her skirt and seat was soaked from urination. No one said a word to her, as yes, even as young kids, all felt her anguish. What child should have to endure this humiliation ?

Don't feel too bad. We went through the same abuse in Lutheran school. We weren't beat but the physiological abuse was terrible. Every damn day if we weren't singing hymns, praying, or reading bible verses we were being screamed at. When I went to public school for 9th grade I had no idea school could be enjoyed!

Don't feel too bad. We went through the same abuse in Lutheran school. We weren't beat but the physiological abuse was terrible. Every damn day if we weren't singing hymns, praying, or reading bible verses we were being screamed at.
That's mild from where I come from. Did you ever get the $hit beat out of you ? By Attilla the Nun ?

Rev. James A. Beine-Assignment Record
This is one case where the Catholic could no longer hide the abuse, how do I know, this happened in my church. Who am I and what am I capable of doing. While no member of my family were harmed by this man, he had to go. They passed him around till they couldn't pass him around with the problems he was dragging with him, or he would still be doing business as usual. My wife had two nuns in her family, Aunts and an uncle that decided not to be a priest.

We have a place in Missouri, a town called Dittmer, a retreat where priests and former priests get help and rehabilitation. The Catholic property is owned by Servants of the Paraclete, which has a mission of providing a safe and supportive environment for rehabbing priests. You know, we can fix our own problems, we don't need the police in our business. It never worked and that's all I'm going to say. Do I believe in God, yes, without his help this would still be happening. Happy Holiday.

Last edited:
I will say I had 3 nuns in grade school who were everything a nun should be, especially my 8th grade nun Sr. Matilda who was a fantastic teacher, intelligent, personable, inspirational, and a role model for all nuns.

They aren't all bad, just 10 percent that they continue to hide.

Auto Transport Service
Back