• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ignition or fuel issue

RobsRR I see on the photo that you posted above that you have the vacuum advance plugged into the manifold vacuum port.
Plug off the vacuum advance for now till you get the issue resolved.
It may also help with the power valve issue.

RobsRR I see on the photo that you posted above that you have the vacuum advance plugged into the manifold vacuum port.
Plug off the vacuum advance for now till you get the issue resolved.
It may also help with the power valve issue.
I will. I also am going to try to run the idle a bit richer. Maybe I was shooting for to lean at idle and with the over lap in the cam it just might work? I should be able to play with it again this weekend. Thank you everyone for your suggestions

Use a vacuum gage when setting up your idle mixture - look for the highest setting at idle and in Park or neutral.

So after messing with things for hours over the last week or so, I decided to bring the idle air fuel mixture down to 12 and a half when cold. 13 and a half when warm. I had it about a point higher. About a half of a turn on the air idle mixture screws seems to have done it. Not totally confident because it wasn't real hot yesterday but i went back and forth to a car show and it ran beautiful. I don't totally trust that it's fixed yet, but I'm very hopeful.

Last edited:
So after messing with things for hours over the last week or so. I decided to bring the idle air fuel mixture down to 12 and a half when cold. 13 and a half when warm. I had it about a point higher. I have a turn on the air idle mixture. Screw seem to have done it. Not totally sure because it wasn't real hot yesterday. I could make it back and forth to a car show and it ran beautiful. I don't totally trust that it's fixed yet, but I'm very hopeful.
Thanks everyone for their suggestions

Auto Transport Service
Back