• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ignition system

bridjet

Local time
11:21 PM
Reaction score
Hello all! I’m looking to replace my distributor, coil, ignition module, and spark plug wires. Basically the whole set up.

what all do you recommend. I see MSD has whole kits but there are different ones and I’m not sure if any are better than the others or if they are used for specific things.

I have a 73 satellite with a 440. any recommendations?

That distributor is all you need. You can buy whatever wires your want, with the appropriate ends, separately.

Get an epoxy coil from rock auto for a H.O. Ford 302 engine. The are the same as the msd ones at a fraction of the cost.

That distributor is all you need. You can buy whatever wires your want, with the appropriate ends, separately.

Get an epoxy coil from rock auto for a H.O. Ford 302 engine. The are the same as the msd ones at a fraction of the cost.
Does it matter if it’s a ford coil and I have a Chrysler?

No
Ngk49034 coil. Or any other brand that cross references over to that
Hp4370 standard motor products is the pig tail connector wire

I use an MSD box because they are a lot cheaper than the all in one MSD distributors. Then I run my factory points distributor. The points are just the trigger for the box and they last near forever and don't need any adjusting.

I did a repair for a friend on his MSD when the magnetic pickup failed. They can be damaged coils, or cracked epoxy which leads to failure.
Anyway...fixed it now, for cheap. BTW, there is no need to remove the gears from the shaft....there is just enough room to get the pickups in & out again...it's tight but do-able.

:thumbsup:

Auto Transport Service
Back