• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ignition won't shut engine off

joseph44

Local time
2:10 AM
Reaction score
Hi Everyone: Question just picked up my 1st Plymouth rr was told ignition switch was bad replaced the switch also replaced starter relay now the wireing looks like mass confusion. The car kicks right over but won't shut down. Any help would be greatly appreciated to shut this veh. down. Thanks guys and have a great wk!!!!

Somehow your coil is getting power even with switch off, trace back your coil wire and see if it's not connected to the right place or is in contact with another wire.

sound like you have accidently "hot wired " it. as above look for a hot wire from power source to coil that bypasses ignition , how are you shutting it off

Thanks Shorthorse: I believe your right I'll have to trace wires. Thanks for mall the help guys I really appreciate the help. I'll let know what it was as soon as I start to restore the R R. Have a great wk ahead!!!!!

Auto Transport Service
Back