• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Im the new guy...

G.W.Carnut

Reaction score
Hi all. I just joined your forum. I love any car with good looks and a good story. But I have a special fondness for Mopar since my Dad worked for Dodge in the early 70s. Memories of an ever changing variety of Charger "Demos', a borrowed Superbird trade-in, and a Plum Crazy convertible in our driveway are of few of the ones that stand out. Not the mention the muscle cars of all makes dad borrowed that were traded in during the oil embargo. A great time to grow up in a car family.

Sounds like you got to see a lot of cool cars in the day...if only a crystal ball to have told us BUY those then. Had a neighbor in the mid-60's who worked at a Plymouth dealership and he always had one demo after the other parked in his driveway and would ride by on my bike to gawk at them. Look inside at the gleaming interiors and the keys were in the ignition hanging from those new car paper key tags - back when nobody took their keys out of the car!
Welcome!

Welcome from Ct. You got to see those in the day. Do you have a car or looking for one? Like to see pictures if you have a car or any pictures or cars your dad brought home.

welcome...my oldest sister had boy friends who drove mopar muscle back when they were new, ill never forget how they would rattle the windows in the house when they came to get her. thats what got me hooked.

welcome.png

Thanks all. Yep it was a great time to be around cars. And who knew. Back then even the dealership employees criticized the fit and finish. Almost every car off the hauler went straight to the body shop for gap alignment and touch up. Lol. But looking back...a Challenger with bad door gaps was still better than not having one at all. My current Mopars are kinda boring...a 1992 b100 swb van with original custom interior (perfect interior) fresh paint and mechanically refreshed with only 87k miles. And I just bought a 73 Charger SE triple black with zero rust to restore as soon as I complete my 72 Lincoln Mark IV. (Almost complete) Im an addict like most of you... I have been looking through family photos lately. Lots of Corvette and Mustang pics. Where are the Mopars? I was probably too busy drooling to operate the Kodak. Lol

Back