• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Indicators both flash

Durandal25

Local time
5:40 PM
Reaction score
Team,

So I have not dug too deep into this issue yet, but when I use the turn signals- right or left- they both flash. I did add a new brake switch and may have wired it backwards, but what do you think? The brake light works fine when I press the pedal….

you may have a ground issue. Or your turn signal switch is wacked

So checked the brake light switch and no effect on the lights. Its interesting. Going through my check list of stuff again tonight, and making sure all the dash bezels are seated and all the dash cluster screws are in good....metal to metal. Horn works fine too, so the column ground is good.

Anywhere but isn't there a ground of some sort at each light?

I have solved the puzzle . Two new blinkers were required

There is, but if the ground were not connected at those locations, then the lights would not illuminate.

Good that you corrected it.
However on the ground issue, they can be connected but not good enough to support the needed return path for the elec flow. A poor ground can cause a resistive path so the return power finds an easier path usually causing other lights to blink, light dimmly etc.

Auto Transport Service
Back