• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Installed the hemi today!!!

HEMI-ITIS

STREETER on LI
Local time
7:17 AM
Reaction score
Took over 2 years to,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, freshen engine & dyno,buy a pair of SV1 carbs to replace the 750's that were on there for 10 years,have Pro Torque make me a new torque converter and I installed a billit drum and CSI sheild in the 727,move into a new to me rental garage,and now start the reassembly of my heap.Life gets in the way sometimes and I also bought a new Hino rollback tow truck and started my own biz.This last Oct I found a deal on Dodge 2500 5.9 gas with a wastern plow only to have NO SNOW on Long Island this season.Oh well,always wanted me a pick-em-up:violent1:

Had the trans in & out a few times to see where massaging was needed for the CSI sheild,did that yesterday.Hung the trans in the tunnel with the crossmember and a strap under the trans IFO the new B&M aluminum trans pan.

Attachments

• IMG_2248.jpg
    IMG_2248.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 1,148
  • IMG_2280.jpg
    IMG_2280.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 1,166
  • IMG_2303.jpg
    IMG_2303.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 1,165
  • IMG_2309.jpg
    IMG_2309.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 1,165
  • IMG_2327.jpg
    IMG_2327.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 1,060
  • Carl Place 014.JPG
    Carl Place 014.JPG
    182 KB · Views: 1,091
Took the wrapping of the engine that ARC put on after coming off the engine dyno and prepped for the trip home in the rain,on my rollback back from Patterson NJ,through NYC on my way back to the Island.Rolled the engine stand up next to the workbench and bear hugged the blower with the carbs & scoop off the intake & onto the bench.:laughing7:

IMG_2307.jpg IMG_2317.jpg IMG_2319.jpg IMG_2322.jpg IMG_2325.jpg IMG_2324.jpg IMG_2329.jpg IMG_2331.jpg IMG_2333.jpg IMG_2334.jpg

I can't tell you how good it feels to able to do this in my own garage with a few close friends.You see about 15 years ago I had to retire from being a mechanic full time due to a vertigo condition.It was not untill recently that I tried a few new perscriptions for this condition.I take a pill 1/2 hour before performing certain positions like laying under a car,getting uo to the tool box then back under the car that used to make my word spin making me dizzy and useless for hours.The pill worked for me and I am THRILLED TO BE ABLE to perform these tasks again.
I was crazy enough to remove the blower set up by my self but not dumb enough to intall it that way.Serpintine belts under the front & rear of the blower make dropping it exactly where you want a breeze!!:hello2:

IMG_2339.jpg IMG_2340.jpg IMG_2341.jpg IMG_2338.jpg IMG_2342.jpg IMG_2343.jpg

BEST day I've had in quite some time.Would like to thank Joe,Kenny,Eddie & ted for all thier help.When I can get everyone over at the same time,I plan on a nice Skirt steak lunch with some home deep freid french fries:headbang::blob1:
We were pressed for time so a pizza had to do,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,today!

Wooow That's cool. Love those Hemi's!! Love to see car guys doing their thing. Hey you have to get the B Body Hemi ready for Orchard Beach Car Show in Sept. I guess I will see that beast in Bellmore and other LI Show's this year.

God Bless,
Joe C NY

Ahh yes, the sights of progress! Good for you! And that's a nice shop you got there. Keep the updates coming.

Thanks guys!!Joe,you plan on coming down for a few shows this year??If so let me know and we can hook up!!
The beach show should be CRAZY!!!Last year it was the same day as a local show,I'll try to make it it this year.

Cool beans!! I have the same problem with the vertigo only not that bad. Just takes me a minute to get my head to quit spinning. So far in the 10 years I've been dealing with it, it hasn't gotten any worse but my back is going away now. Retired in 06 because I got tired of hurting ALL the time. Should have pursued disability back then but didn't and now I'm not eligible anymore....eh, one more year and I'll be on SS but just not as much as it could have been. It'll take me 12 years to get back what I put in and that's what I plan to do lol.

well just the site of that has my glands activated looking good.:hello2:and that is a fine looking duster in the back ground to.wish I was there I see you have a char out side I could hold in place:director2:lol ............Artie

Sorry,, but I have to say... The engine looks nicer up front than you do... LOL!
Just kidding.... It sure looks nice though!!! Good Job Man!

well just the site of that has my glands activated looking good.:hello2:and that is a fine looking duster in the back ground to.wish I was there I see you have a char out side I could hold in place:director2:lol ............Artie

The more the merrier!Maybe you'll make it over to LI one of these days:headbang:I'll supply the chair,food,drinks and,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:glasses13:
The Dustbucket will be the next project once the '63 gets recerted , but I need a new multilayer jacket& pants,gloves & helmut.Then get my NHRA licence so I can turn the wick up.I know low 9's are there,but I'm reachin' for an 8 second slip with the brick that weighs over 3800 Lbs.

Last edited:
Sorry,, but I have to say... The engine looks nicer up front than you do... LOL!
Just kidding.... It sure looks nice though!!! Good Job Man!

Wish my grille looked as good:happy2:That's just really getting into your job,I had just put the converter in and Joe grabbed the camera on the fender cover.:eek:

Cool beans!! I have the same problem with the vertigo only not that bad. Just takes me a minute to get my head to quit spinning. So far in the 10 years I've been dealing with it, it hasn't gotten any worse but my back is going away now. Retired in 06 because I got tired of hurting ALL the time. Should have pursued disability back then but didn't and now I'm not eligible anymore....eh, one more year and I'll be on SS but just not as much as it could have been. It'll take me 12 years to get back what I put in and that's what I plan to do lol.

The vertigo got so bad it would take HOURS before I could open my eyes or even walk:icon_blackeye:

That's B.S.!!! No one person should have such a bitchin' engine set up!! I'm drooling on the keyboard right now, lol!!

Looks awesome HEMI-ITIS! Everyone should have a blower sitting on a Hemi! Cool stuff!

Thanks for the kind words,makes me feel good.I didn't get a chance to get back to the garage today,was busy all day thank god:angel11:
I sill have so much to do.I want to weld up some holes in the floor & firewall,so I can't put the headers in 'cause the exhaust pipes get in the way.Had my Magna fuel pump rebuilt and need to reinstall it.

Attachments

• IMG_2230.jpg
    IMG_2230.jpg
    163.9 KB · Views: 949
  • IMG_2291.jpg
    IMG_2291.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 938
Thanks Kev,hope to see you at Beaver Springs for the Nostalgia Nations and not embarrass my slow ***:no:

Attachments

• 7-12-09-BSD-SUN%20352[1].jpg
    7-12-09-BSD-SUN%20352[1].jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 914
  • 7-12-09-BSD-SUN%20355[1].jpg
    7-12-09-BSD-SUN%20355[1].jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 933
  • 7-12-09-BSD-SUN%20692[1].jpg
    7-12-09-BSD-SUN%20692[1].jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 911
Auto Transport Service
Back