• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Installed the hemi today!!!

Heading up there next week with my crew to help out with tree damage. Anything I can do for you or your family please let me know. We are full service tree company.

Hope you find some down time in Nassau,we could hang in my garage and talk MOPAR.

Look what I found.:rolleyes:
I'll skip over the next chapter or two and post my last 4 passes.
5 years since I reinstalled and taking baby steps:lol:

4.12.15 081.jpg P82A03611.jpg 11.1.15 029.jpg 11.1.15 030.jpg

60 Foot1.27
330 Foot3.68
660 Foot5.78
660 MPH117.63
1000 Foot7.60
1/4 Mile ET9.16
1/4 Mile MPH144.69

Here's where your incrementals will be if you can get it hooking. I plugged in your mph into the Wallace Calculator. Looks pretty good!

LMOL,my 3850 lb brick will never 60 foot that fast with the tight 3000 rpm converter I have. Picked up a 1/2 a second with some tuning and now fine tuning.When I get it right and consistant,then I can start changing pullies to get that 8 second time slip.
Not to shabby for a toy I street drive with!

LMOL,my 3850 lb brick will never 60 foot that fast with the tight 3000 rpm converter I have. Picked up a 1/2 a second with some tuning and now fine tuning.When I get it right and consistant,then I can start changing pullies to get that 8 second time slip.
Not to shabby for a toy I street drive with!

Exactly. At least you're going in the right direction and the times are dropping. Guys that think my 505 should be faster don't get that it's a street car with 3.55 gears and a 2800 stall converter.

I actually enjoy my car throughout the week. It's not a dedicated race car and never will be.

I'm happy that it will run with Vipers and Hellcats and I built it myself!

Not too shabby at all, very respectable runs too...
especially for a street driven car...

*definitely runs better on the back end for sure...

a little more overdrive, pull out a bit of timing down track,
could easily be low 9's or hi-8's...

*you certainly do have the MPH for low 9's already...

Do ya retard the timing only in high gear or just for boost. I'm at the point where every time I take out timing it's pcking up.I just went to a lower hi speed bleed because I was up tp 99 jets and still showing lean.

On Gas
I use to take it out progressively 2* deg.'s at a time up-to about 10*
{about 22*-24* btdc overall total "after the retard" crossing the stripe}
overall depending on boost or N20 levels used {safest way IMO}
some like to take it out in hi gear too, some take it out from the get go,
but you lose idle quality/drivability, ease of starting, less backfiring
{not good with a huffer} or lose some bottom end or even throttle response
{the latter probably wouldn't be a problem}
Really it'll depend on what kind of ignition & distributor you run
& what it's/they're capable of...

With Methanol it wasn't really ever an issue...

Last edited:
My last pass was at 30* My next pass will be at 30* then 28,,,then 26 until I find the sweet spot. NOW,,after I find the sweet spot can add boost and take more timing out.
Looking for an 8 second time slip this season.
Just picked up 2 new sets od rear tires,2 eT street R's & 2 ET Drag.
Still waiting for the double bead locks from Champion.

4.30.16 014.jpg 4.30.16 011.jpg 4.30.16 012.jpg 4.30.16 013.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back