• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Installed the hemi today!!!

Recieved a boatload of advise on the geometry of the linkage.When I pick up the new throttle cable today,will remove the linkage and redo it:blob1:
Also noticed the waterpump to housing is leaking anti-freeze so I have to remove the blower & alternator belts to gain access to remove waterpimp and reseal:eusa_think:

Attachments

• CP Garage 7.16.12 002.jpg
    CP Garage 7.16.12 002.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 475
I some some race tires there...

Picked up the Lokar cable today,nice package:grin:

Attachments

• 8.7.12 022.jpg
    8.7.12 022.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 456
  • 8.7.12 019.jpg
    8.7.12 019.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 508
  • 8.7.12 018.jpg
    8.7.12 018.jpg
    166.2 KB · Views: 485
Glasses

Picked up the Lokar cable today,nice package:grin:

Lokars stuff, seems to be high quality stuff... I see that you need a second pair of eyes also, when doing this stuff... ala Reading Glasses...LOL... me too, it sucks they are always in the way or falling off or filled with sweat, it's only been 3 or so years since I started wearing them, for both reading or fine work... :headbang:

Some of you guys are a little petverted,,,,,,,,,but so am I:sideways tongue:
Latest problem is the waterpump.It started to leak between the pump & the housing:angryfire:This is a new pump with under 2 hrs on it.I removed it to reseal it and found the inpellers were grinding away at the inside of the housing:angryfire:I ordered a new pump yesterday and will compare the pressed location of the impellers to if it just wasn't pressed on all the way.
Hope to get down to the shop and install the new throttle cable while I wait for the waterpump.Besides missing a few cruze nights,I want to be able to go to E/town at the end of the month to run in the A/FX class even though I will be limited to only run 10 oh's:grin:

Attachments

• 8.7.12 013.jpg
    8.7.12 013.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 476
Well,you know I had converter issues when I finally made it to e/town.Sent the convter out for an adjustment,but they built me a newer stronger unit.Reinstalled the 'verter and trans and got to take it to Whitestone for one of our local hangouts.The wifey even took the ride and we sat down and had a nice dinner at Cascarino's:headbang:
The following day was the charity event at the Central Islip firemans park.They had porta-tree and 60 ft clocks set up. http://www.lidragracing.com/showthr...Test-and-Tune-Central-Islip-F-D-Oct-21st-2012

http://www.lidragracing.com/showthread.php?2175-Test-and-Tune-Oct-21-pics-load-them-here

When I finally made it to the starting line,did my burnout and pulled into the staging lights.Trans let go at the hit and was bouncin' off the rev limiter.Pulled the trans back out and brought to my builder.I smoked the small drum and welded the clutch pack together:angryfire:Hope to have it back soon,this storm is not helping:icon_sad:
Another SUPERCAR weekend coming up at Englishtown and I want to be there:sad4:

Attachments

• 9.8.12 027.jpg
    9.8.12 027.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 391
  • 10.28.12 010 (2).jpg
    10.28.12 010 (2).jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 421
  • 10.28.12 013.jpg
    10.28.12 013.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 407
  • 10.28.12 014.jpg
    10.28.12 014.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 420
  • 10.28.12 011.jpg
    10.28.12 011.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 425
  • 10.28.12 007.jpg
    10.28.12 007.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 432
Good luck with the trans issues... From all the destruction I saw on the TV, I hope you didn't get hammered by the Super-storm/Sandy, hopefully not too bad if any... my thoughts are with you guys out there...

My trans has been freshened,but I'm workin 14 to 16 hour days and can't take the ride to pick it up,let alone reintall it.
Hope I can make it back to the track one more time before winter sets in.:icon_bounce:

HEMI-ITIS, The way it feels out there tonight here in Pa, you better hurry bud! 29.8 it says, it feels colder lol.. Good luck with it, at least the hours your working will help take care of the money you put out for the trans work.. No-one you know that could at least pick it up and get to your place! That would save you some time.

My trans has been freshened,but I'm workin 14 to 16 hour days and can't take the ride to pick it up,let alone reintall it.
Hope I can make it back to the track one more time before winter sets in.:icon_bounce:
Heading up there next week with my crew to help out with tree damage. Anything I can do for you or your family please let me know. We are full service tree company.

I aint Never seen a clutch pack welded together like that

Thank you for sharing

Heading up there next week with my crew to help out with tree damage. Anything I can do for you or your family please let me know. We are full service tree company.

Agtree... Wow you should be commended, going all the way from Kirkland, Washington all the way across the country to Long Island or N.J./N.Y. areas, to help with downed/damaged trees... Getting Fuel & Bad Fuel may be an issue back there... Good luck, stay warm & safe..

Hemi-ItIs, you must know that Murphys Law Guy pretty good...LOL...

LOL... yeah me & old Murphy know each other very well too... If they say it wont break, I will surely break it, they say it fits easily, It's a pain in the but to install etc. ...LOL...

Auto Transport Service
Back