• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Installed the hemi today!!!

LOL!!!I have been schooled in PA:grin:You can't drive without a hood and nothing more than 2 inches above the hood.I WILL be wearing my hood next year at Carlisle:sideways tongue:

Attachments

• 100_4841.jpg
    100_4841.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 343
  • 100_4842.jpg
    100_4842.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 346
As far as getting to the track,it's been brutally HOT! I will go to the mopar deal at E/town in August but I will only be allowed to go 10 oh's.Still need to recert the cage,get new seatbelts{expired in the box},new jacket,pants,gloves,shoes,helmut,window net and get a comp licence.So by fall,hope to get myself ready:headbang:

yup no sense of humor there :eek:ops: :headbang:

hay Al some of our laws suck just got to live with it good luck Bob

sounds like you need to go shopping then!!!

As far as getting to the track,it's been brutally HOT! I will go to the mopar deal at E/town in August but I will only be allowed to go 10 oh's.Still need to recert the cage,get new seatbelts{expired in the box},new jacket,pants,gloves,shoes,helmut,window net and get a comp licence.So by fall,hope to get myself ready:headbang:

Glad to hear she's been get some exercise!!! :happy7:

she'll be good and sorted by the fall.

got any more vids of it running after the freshening?? i need my hemi fix!! lol

btw...put a shirt on ya hippie!!! :gah::poke::rofl:

Mar,I will come up with some more vid's for you guys:grin:
The no shirt guy is Nitro Buzzard.He's a gool ole boy from the Fla panhandle.

Your car looks great!
Just get all your saftey equipment up to date then go to the track, forget the 10.00's, run it out the back door till they ask you to leave.......

Run it until they tell you you need to be licensed, but safety equipment is a must... The Licensing is easy, just a couple of NHRA or whomever's forms & a FAA style physical, cough & bend over, an in car blind orientation, a Burn out & 1/4 pass, a 1/2 mid to full pass, then a balls out full pass, if they think your OK to do a full pass, then get three qualified/licensed people to endorse/sign off on your license, mail it in & your on your way, keep copies of the form for your records just in case... Depending on what license you choose to go for, you may need to run with in 1% of the #'s to get a that specific, Competition License, you can get a Super Pro Or Competition Eliminator license easily....

LOL!!!I have been schooled in PA:grin:You can't drive without a hood and nothing more than 2 inches above the hood.I WILL be wearing my hood next year at Carlisle:sideways tongue:

I can agree with a lot of Pa inspection rules, but with some of them they go a little overboard, i got nailed once with a 5 inch scoop, someone put it on the car and i never took it off, i thought though it was a 3 inch limit so im surprised some there.. Doesn't matter with me im 6-5 and can see fine over one. Yours however would be awful hard to explain to the PSP lol.. Good luck getting all the safety things in order, and as hot as its been hear i can imagine being in town with all the concrete buildings and asphalt!

Your car looks great!
Just get all your saftey equipment up to date then go to the track, forget the 10.00's, run it out the back door till they ask you to leave.......

I already got warned from e/town and I don't want to piss Walter off.I'll do a few all out 1/8 mile passes and one out the back door just to see:eusa_think::grin:

I didn't get out to Oyster Bay for the tuesday night cruise:icon_neutral:
I have a carb stumble on the tip in,so I called Pro Systems for tuning consult.Added more fuel and went smaller on the air bleeds.I'm also adressing the linkage to obtain FULL throttle,I've been cruzin with 80% and the stumble.Got the carbs back together but I need a longer throttle cable.I'll go see special "K" and pick one up tomorrow:happy7:

Attachments

• 8.1.12 004.jpg
    8.1.12 004.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 257
  • 8.1.12 005.jpg
    8.1.12 005.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 266
  • 8.1.12 007.jpg
    8.1.12 007.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 263
  • 8.1.12 006.jpg
    8.1.12 006.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 268
  • 8.1.12 008.jpg
    8.1.12 008.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 255
Those are Impressive caruretors...

Those are Impressive caruretors...

Thanks Bud! Installed a longer OEM style cable and stll can't get full throttle:angryfire:Also the effort required to pull these carbs off idle is causing strands of the throttle cable to break and unwind.I trimmed the ones I saw up top,but did not notice them where the cable comes through the firewall.Friday night after changing 8 air bleeds and taking a test blast,the throttle hung wide open causing a stain in my panties:sideways tongue:It also raised my heartrate and blood pressure.After whackin' the pedal a few times it only came back half way and I turned the key off to shut it down without hitting anything:confused5:

Thanks Bud! Installed a longer OEM style cable and stll can't get full throttle:angryfire:Also the effort required to pull these carbs off idle is causing strands of the throttle cable to break and unwind.I trimmed the ones I saw up top,but did not notice them where the cable comes through the firewall.Friday night after changing 8 air bleeds and taking a test blast,the throttle hung wide open causing a stain in my panties:sideways tongue:It also raised my heartrate and blood pressure.After whackin' the pedal a few times it only came back half way and I turned the key off to shut it down without hitting anything:confused5:

LOL!!! Done that once myself when linkage hung up under those Triangle Edelbrock air filters....
Glad you kept your mind enough to shut her down!

Had a hung throttle a time or two....on a car that is :D Luckily, they were not very fast but I was in traffic. One time a motor mount broke and it shoved the pedal back at me. That was kinda weird....

As long as nobody got hurt and nothing was damaged, it's all good.

But, I bet your facial expressions at the time were priceless........

How about shorter linkage arms on the shafts/linkage that attach to the carbs, or a bell-crank with a long or short arm on one single pull side, to make up the extra length needed, to get full-throttle, or even maybe a Lokar custom length cable or Chriss or Tom Alston type mechanical linkages... Does you peddle have enough travel too ??

Bud,MR P body said I should be able to usr the stock pedal.I will recieve the new cable ina day or 2.Then kinda start over with the carb linkage.We will get it to work one way or the other.I wanna DRIVE this pig!!!!!:toothy5:

Auto Transport Service
Back