• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Installing a Chrome Box?

code_red

Local time
5:24 PM
Reaction score
I am replacing the stock ecu unit with a chrome box. Is it a straight swap or is there more that needs to be done?

Assuming it has the plug that matches yours it is a swap, Nothing else to do. Make sure the ground is good. I ran a separate ground to make sure I had a good one.

Assuming it has the plug that matches yours it is a swap, Nothing else to do. Make sure the ground is good. I ran a separate ground to make sure I had a good one.

I have to back this up especially the ground part and DONT run cheap plug wires......Artie

Does the ballast resistor matter? I have one like this.
P4120808resistor.jpg

(sorry for all the questions. This is all new to me.)

Ecu

The ECU should be matched with the proper resister and coil. If it's a Mopar Performance, check their part numbers for reference. The attached link may help you determine what you have and/or what you need.
http://www.mymopar.com/index.php?pid=18

I think I need to get a different ballast resistor. I don't know about the coil. It read 12v and made in Mexico on it.

Auto Transport Service
Back