• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

interesting comment from a 1st gen camaro owner this weekend

jeff ashley

Local time
4:31 AM
Reaction score
i have a friend that has a nice 67 camaro. hes won tons of awards including some best of shows. we had a show on tybee island this weekend so we went togethor. we were sitting off a little bit from the cars watching people look at them. he said "ive been watching people walk up to your car and take pictures of it then they keep on walking past mine. lol" the funny thing is i had already noticed it but wasnt gonna say anything. i was building my car last year this time and all i could think about was getting it done. i would have never thought that mopar cars would have gotten the attention that they do. im pleasantly surprised, especially over a 68 camaro belly button. my car isnt any nicer or rarer than alot of the cars at the local shows but it sure is cool to hear the stories people want to tell you about their dads or uncles runner or charger barrelling down a country road and how fast it was. lol

Attachments

• road runner at the beach 1.jpg
    road runner at the beach 1.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 430
  • road runner at the beach 2.jpg
    road runner at the beach 2.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 430
First off, beautiful RR! You nailed the wheel/tire combo and the stance. NICE! :headbang: I too notice more people seem to flock to my 69 Charger vs other GM and Ford brands.. I believe some car enthusiasts are burnt out on Camaros, Mustangs etc... It may be the region you are in. May not have too many MoPars around. Just my 2 cents.

Damn she's a sexy girl...

millions or tons of gen 1 or 68 Camaros out there {I'm no hater either},
but there's a whole lot less of the 68 RR's, especially that looks like that one, finally getting more respect...

http://ww.youtube.com/watch?v=6FOUqQt3Kg0

Nice ride, I do it all the time. I'll just walk right by and check out any Poncho, Buick, or Olds before I look at a Chevy. Heck, even a Caddy for that matter, they are just cooler and different. There's just not a lot of Ford & Merc's around here.

thanks for the compliments guys but my car pails in comparison to some of these cars on here. coledavis, the pirates fest starts tomorrow. like every other festival we have, it will just be a bunch of drunks. lol theres another event here we have never had here. the national meet for the national mustang club is here this weekend. i donated some paint work on the give away mustang they are raffling off. ill probably ride out and look at the cars sunday.

My 25 year old paint job/restoration 67 dodge charger gets 50% more looks and thumbs up than my freshly painted and restored quadruple black 69 camaro does.......and my blacked out 68 deville used to have people pulling me over to take pics. They are tired of seeing the most common cars. I have to admit that even at mopar shows I skim over the plethora of cudas, challengers and road runners as even they have become more common place

Thats like when I go out with my 63. I figure its because every car show has tons of Camaro's and Chevelle's so people enjoy seeing a 63 Plymouth with the old 60's SS look. I cant believe how much attention my 63 gets and how many people say..........I or my dad had a car like this. Its a nice feeling knowing people like and appreciate our Mopars. Ron

Thats like when I go out with my 63. I figure its because every car show has tons of Camaro's and Chevelle's so people enjoy seeing a 63 Plymouth with the old 60's SS look. I cant believe how much attention my 63 gets and how many people say..........I or my dad had a car like this. Its a nice feeling knowing people like and appreciate our Mopars. Ron

Yup you dont see many 63s out and about.

LOL incidentally I have a 63 story my dads stepfather, guess that would be my grandfather, owned a triple black 63 sport fury convertible with a 361 with a 4 speed. Not sure if it was factory but it also had wheel covers on it, not sure if those were factory but my dad showed me an old pic of it at their florist business back in 1969

Same here!
:eusa_think:

Happy Columbus Day!

- - - Updated - - -

Yup you dont see many 63s out and about.

LOL incidentally I have a 63 story my dads stepfather, guess that would be my grandfather, owned a triple black 63 sport fury convertible with a 361 with a 4 speed. Not sure if it was factory but it also had wheel covers on it, not sure if those were factory but my dad showed me an old pic of it at their florist business back in 1969

yes 361 4 speed was factory and quite a nice ride!

Attachments

• world of wheels II.jpg
    world of wheels II.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 244
Sonny, that's sweet. My dad bought a 64 sport fury 426 4speed convertible new in 64. He found it for sale a few years ago and wouldn't buy it.

Sonny I wish we lived closer as I would love to cruise our 63's together ! That would be cool. This was at an indoor show I did in December a few years ago. Ron

399929230.jpg

I've seen and heard the same things at shows. I have a 74 Roadrunner, which gets attention, which is a Mopar, which gets attention, and is done up in a Steelers, Penguins, and Pirates color scheme so I also hear from all the Pittsburgh fans as well. My wife and I will spend the whole show talking to people while the guys with the Brand X cars have hardly anybody ask about their 1 of 100,000 or so cars. :)

Camaro's are cool, as are Firebirds, Mustangs... Thing is, those cars are a dime a dozen. They made lots. Mopars are really cool, just because there wasn't as many made, and you don't see them as much.

Sonny I wish we lived closer as I would love to cruise our 63's together ! That would be cool. This was at an indoor show I did in December a few years ago. Ron

399929230.jpg

Ron, like seeing double....now I have a hankering' for some double mint gum.:icon_rolleyes:

that car of yours looks like a real Rascal!

Auto Transport Service
Back