• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

motor trend new shows

moparjohnny

Local time
7:36 AM
Reaction score
just venting about motor trend new shows i am very disappointed in the new show line up they are awful i loved the old shows that they had and i will watch texas metal and iron resurrection and i will watch the older reruns of the better shows they use to have, this new stuff is not worth a damn, turbo talk and i am fed up with roadkill as well what a waste of a good hour,i like watching people building cars and all the things that they encounter and the fabrication parts, new shows are showing a lot foreign car repair and a attemp to restore foreign cars if it not american muscle i keep moving, dave kindig i like their stuff, all these truck shows i have no interest in. you guys chime in if you like,if not i understand. still love this site.

My guess is that they are trying to appeal to a different demographic, how did that work out for Bud Light?

Kill your TV and go back into the garage!
:)

Most likely airing shows that did not make the cut, before the writers strike. I agree, not one is watchable nor interesting. Just a bunch of idiots fumbling around a vehicle or two.
Ron

I literally threw our TVs out the front door, about 8 weeks ago. I don't miss them a bit..Just a distraction to keep a person from living life.

Last edited:
I'm a MOD subscriber and I go weeks without watching anything. My go-to's are Roadkill, Roadkill Garage, Bitchin Rides and Engine Masters. I used to watch Hot Rod Garage until Tony Angelo left. Nothing else on there really interests me. I watch more car shows on YouTube than Motortrend.

IMO the 'Roadkill' family of shows are the only ones worth watching, because they represent those of us that aren't afraid to piece things together to make them run, and are more interested in having fun with these cars than winning OE points at shows. They do the work on their backs, then drive to a drag strip or take a roadtrip to see the results.
If you're all about sitting at a show all day waiting for the judges to grade you on your alternator belts, that's cool too....I can definitely appreciate the time and toil it takes to get one of these old dogs back to original condition, but it just isn't my thing.
As far as the other custom fab/chop-cut-rebuild this and that type shows, they're a dime a dozen, not interested. To me that stuff got boring after about 2005...

Last edited:
I did try to keep an open mind with their new shows but still couldn't make it through a full episode. The standard "put an LS in everything" shows get boring after a while. My favorites are Roadkill Garage (or anything with Dulcich in it), Roadkill, Full Custom Garage, Junkyard Gold (RIP), Wheeler Dealers (in the UK), Fantomworks (RIP), Bitchin Rides, Iron Resurrection.

The last Roadkill was a disappointment where they dialed in one of Mikes trucks for an LS meet. Installing high dollar parts incorrectly on an old truck isn't traditional Roadkill. The most recent Wheeler Dealers, restoring a 911SC, was dead on. The good shows just need to stay with the original concept and resist the pressure to "improve". I spend a good deal of time watching Top Gear UK reruns on Amazon, Full Custom Ian on YouTube, and Steve Magnante (Junkyard Crawl) also on YouTube.

I'm a MOD subscriber and I go weeks without watching anything. My go-to's are Roadkill, Roadkill Garage, Bitchin Rides and Engine Masters. I used to watch Hot Rod Garage until Tony Angelo left. Nothing else on there really interests me. I watch more car shows on YouTube than Motortrend.
Alex is a lot better looking than Tony.
:realcrazy:

IMG_5470.jpeg

what is Tony Angelo's youtube channel show called? I haven't caught up with it lately

Last edited:
My favorite is Full Custom Garage, the guy can pick up stuff on trash day and build a running driving chopped and channeled hot rod out of it! He makes me want to fabricate something.....anything!

Nothing against Alex Taylor, but Tony leaving HRG killed that show for me. It wasn't that Tony made the show, but the chemistry he had with Lucky was natural and very entertaining. One without the other just isn't as good. Pairing Lucky with the young lady is just too forced.

I was also disappointed in a recent RKG episode. Seems that Freiburger is MIA and it's now just Dulcich with Wiley. Or, at least, that's how it's been with some recent episodes. Not terrible, but, again, that chemistry Dulcich and Freiburger have is unmatched. I was also disappointed to see what looked like a short commercial within the show with Dulcich promoting a brand of motor oil.

Seems that the producers are getting their fingers in these shows too much now that they're big successes. Nothing new. Everything good eventually goes away.

I have channels I watch on youtube.
Most every TV show either turned into "watch us spend 5 grand on bolt ons and then BS the results because sponsors" or "we just happened to find this basically perfect car in someone's garage that is dirty, we are going to fix it up!" and then they proceed to power wash it and put a couple new bolt on parts on, or probably LS swap it.
I watch Graveyard cars once in a while.
I get more enjoyment and learn more from youtube small time guys. I laugh more watching "Puddin's Fab Shop" because that guy just likes to BS around and mess with stuff that burns gasoline, and he won't edit out his F ups. Mortske and his dog aren't too shabby either.
Basically I like to sit back and see what people are doing for projects and not watch a commercialized sponsor fest where the host has to name drop whatever bolt on paid their salary that week. Small guys have a different feel. It's simple and relaxing and their budget is more in line with hobbyists and their results aren't always perfect because they are learning as they go too.

Finnegan putting a frigging Toyota engine in a 68 Charger, kinda killed Roadkill for me. Hopefully Mike will come to his senses and put a Mopar engine back in the car. He should have put that Yota motor in the Rotsun where it belongs!

Caught an episode of Motor Mythbusters with some dude named 'Rose' on it. :up: Couldn't turn it off fast enough:nutkick:

I enjoy watching Alex and Lucky. She's actually a good damn driver, and has a good head on her shoulders when it comes to fab, building, and actual work. Nice to look at, too :) Really enjoyed the segments with them and the Hellcat-powered Savoy. THAT thing, has some serious engineering in it!!

I do miss me some original Top Gear UK, though....

1691414923392.png

1691414935162.png

1691414976627.png

1691415053350.png

1691415184436.png

I enjoy watching Alex and Lucky. She's actually a good damn driver, and has a good head on her shoulders when it comes to fab, building, and actual work. Nice to look at, too :) Really enjoyed the segments with them and the Hellcat-powered Savoy. THAT thing, has some serious engineering in it!!

I do miss me some original Top Gear UK, though....

View attachment 1506170

View attachment 1506171

View attachment 1506172

View attachment 1506174

View attachment 1506175

I'd eat that.

1691422991824.png

Auto Transport Service
Back