• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

motor trend new shows

Kill your TV and go back into the garage!
:)
I'm in the shop right now but the temp is climbing....95 at 11:30a. Won't be long before I throw in the towel and go sit in the AC (I hope) and watch some Barney Miller lol
I literally threw our TVs out the front door, about 8 weeks ago. I don't miss them a bit..Just a distraction to keep a person from living life.

My life is pretty different now that the kids are gone and 'mom' moved out to go live next door to the youngest. These days I'm only good for about 1/2 a day in the shop and since I'm not much of a house keeper, the TV fills in nicely with that :D
Finnegan putting a frigging Toyota engine in a 68 Charger, kinda killed Roadkill for me. Hopefully Mike will come to his senses and put a Mopar engine back in the car. He should have put that Yota motor in the Rotsun where it belongs!
Don't think the Rotsun would handle the power of that Yota engine....it didn't handle any of the others too good.

Don't think the Rotsun would handle the power of that Yota engine....it didn't handle any of the others too good.
The Rottsun always fails, and that you can depend on
no matter what's in it

Last edited:
I enjoy watching Alex and Lucky. She's actually a good damn driver, and has a good head on her shoulders when it comes to fab, building, and actual work. Nice to look at, too :) Really enjoyed the segments with them and the Hellcat-powered Savoy. THAT thing, has some serious engineering in it!!

I do miss me some original Top Gear UK, though....

View attachment 1506170

View attachment 1506171

View attachment 1506172

View attachment 1506174

View attachment 1506175
That Top Gear show had a few things going for it, namely they somehow always managed to convince people to let them beat the piss out of their cars on the test track.
On the other hand, the pure disdain for American cars and the ignorance they displayed about a lot of it because of their bias turned me off the show almost as often as I was interested in watching it.
I think the worst was when they thought a Mustang 390GT('67) meant 390 horsepower, and not the displacement of the engine. A 5 second google search could have given them enough information to at least sound intelligent about their review.
I think my favorite was when Jeremy thought he was good enough to handle a group B spec Ford RS200. LOL, he was not. Not bashing his skills, I couldn't either, just probably hurt his pride a bit haha
But I did enjoy a lot of the shenanigans.

Everyone gets their pride hurt at some point in the car hobby,it happens frequently to me! With enough friends and lo5s of beer I bounce back! Lol

Most shows don't get down in the weeds enough. Showing how to do seam sealer or install a tac just stuff that is taken for granted. I would prefer to see all the screw ups and how to make it right. Nope let's call a sponsor get something to bolt on and call it done. Roadkill is whatever we all can do roadkill . It would also be nice if these shows would talk shop tools and equipment. First timers watch a show then run out and start hacking away at their project just to screw it up enough to leave the project collecting dirt until they grow up. This forum has saved more retired cars than most people would consider junk. They have been lifted up to a higher standard even above the manufacturer. So the only show I really watch is this one. So cheers to you folks that have finished the long haul and all of you just getting started stay strong because we're all just like the TV nuts just better.

Most shows don't get down in the weeds enough. Showing how to do seam sealer or install a tac just stuff that is taken for granted. I would prefer to see all the screw ups and how to make it right. Nope let's call a sponsor get something to bolt on and call it done. Roadkill is whatever we all can do roadkill . It would also be nice if these shows would talk shop tools and equipment. First timers watch a show then run out and start hacking away at their project just to screw it up enough to leave the project collecting dirt until they grow up. This forum has saved more retired cars than most people would consider junk. They have been lifted up to a higher standard even above the manufacturer. So the only show I really watch is this one. So cheers to you folks that have finished the long haul and all of you just getting started stay strong because we're all just like the TV nuts just better.
I've seen shows that showed how to do seam sealer and install a tac.... even ones that showed how to do the panel bound like is used on a lot of new cars these days and even some of the older ones.

I agree with some of it but they don't show it like these guys do it on the forums. Like good Ole graveyard you see the wash then you see paint then driving away. Yes they educational but when you follow some are threads like pinion angles cooling issues etc. You get more out of this forum then any TV shows. But it's all good in the end.

I was watching that Holden Brothers restos show, and in the background they had a 4x4 71 Cuda! I didn't think people did things like that anymore to Cuda's?

Auto Transport Service
Back