• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

INTERIOR....

wedgee

Local time
8:42 AM
Reaction score
QUESTION, after owning my roadrunner for now over 40 years, I am just starting its restoration. back in the eighties I removed the carpet from the car and now I can't remember the color, black or green... Does the data plate spell out this? or is there other ways to tell?
Probably doesnt matter, but I'm set on doing it right.

roadrunner eh? They built those from 1969-1980. Can you give us a bit more info.
year
Body style
Trans type
A87 decor group?
Interior code form fender tag or broadcast sheet.

You have a choice of black, green, red, brown & blue carpet. What color is the car, seats, door panels and dashboard?

C5195D8A-D641-4FF7-BAC9-038259B7C18C.jpeg

Is this the 1968 'runner that you don't have a data plate for? May as well build it the way you prefer if that's the case. As RC asked, what colour is the rest of the interior?

If you go on that hoytey toytey bring a trailer... you must refer to the interior as “the cabin”. :D

68. decor package. green on green on green. 4spd 383 and no data plate. you're right in that it probably doesnt matter(black or green),however...still...I want it correct. would it actually be spelled out on the data plate?? the data plate was taken/removed/not replaced, courtesy of a body shop way back in 1982. never gave it second thought back then...

I've seen others virtually identical but never took notice of the carpet colors in them.

the build sheet in the rear seat is long gone too. no trace what-so-ever.

If you know the car came with the code 360 "Roadrunner Decor Group 68" and everything else is green...
then the carpeting was green, too.

Auto Transport Service
Back