• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is there a place to learn about models and trim packages that were ava?

gearheads78

Local time
7:00 AM
Reaction score
I am just learning about a 68 Coronet and I was wondering if there is a good guide anywhere that explains basic model breakdowns between R/T , 500 , 440 or any others .

Danm websense ...its blocked at my office. I will try to check it out tonight. Thanks

Another good source are the dealer brochures. Look for the larger ones with all models and options or something for an individual model/platform. Good luck!

So if I am reading all that right the only performance car that was ever a coupe was a Superbee right? In 68 RT was always a hard top?

So if I am reading all that right the only performance car that was ever a coupe was a Superbee right? In 68 RT was always a hard top?

to anyswer your question, you'll have to narrow down your intrepretation of a 'performance' car or the years you are talking about.

Max Wedges and Hemis were available in coupes.
Certain years of Road Runners were available as coupes.
383 drivelines equivelent to the RR and Bee were available in lower trim Coronet and Belvedere coupes.

The 67-71 Charger R/T, Coronet R/T and GTX were always hard tops or convertibles.

I was refering to a 68 Coronet Deluxe coupe I am dealing with. If one was wanting to use it as a canvas for a clone or tribute car it could only become a Superbee right?

All 68 Super Bees were coupes so it could become a car that looks like a Super Bee.

Auto Transport Service
Back