• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

It’s not like riding a bike!

Scott Engelhardt

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
6:00 AM
Reaction score
Went roller skating with the grand kids today. I used to go quite often when I was young, but it has been 30 years and it is not like riding a bike.
Man took me about a half hour just to remember how to get moving. I did not fall so that was impressive. I’m not sure I will be able to walk tomorrow though! Ankles are going to kill me.
This is me and my little sweetie.

7AE5005C-FF54-40F0-9162-A4C20D2197BC.jpeg

Glad you didnt fall priceless moments in life,I couldnt do it because I would fall :lol:

Went roller skating with the grand kids today. I used to go quite often when I was young, but it has been 30 years and it is not like riding a bike.
Man took me about a half hour just to remember how to get moving. I did not fall so that was impressive. I’m not sure I will be able to walk tomorrow though! Ankles are going to kill me.
This is me and my little sweetie.

View attachment 1083383
You have bigger balls than I do. I wouldn't even consider it these days.
However, if I had a cute little Grand Daughter like that, I bet she could persuade me.

Great to see you involved, it’s making memories.
When my girl was about eight or so to about 14 I bought a bike just so I could go for a ride with her after work. Some days I was tired and didn’t feel like it, but we went and I enjoyed it. We went literally every single day in the summer. Now at age twenty two she still remembers those rides, and we still hang out. Your grandchild will remember these times fondly after you are gone.

I feel the pain. Got back on skates last month for the first time in about 15 years. Played Ice hockey with my son and grand kids. Probably not the smartest thing for me being 66. Yes I fell. Yes my knee still hurts a month later. Yes it was fun and I'll do it again.
Doug

Grandkids can talk you into all sorts of stuff you'd swear otherwise you'd never consider...
pretty awesome if you ask me. :thumbsup:

To the OP, Scott: Sorry! I thought that pic of mine went to the random pictures...

Auto Transport Service
Back