• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

It's been 4 months now and I can't get the body shop to get me an update

I and my 4 brothers always said that every time we got it trouble. We were usually lying though.....

Sure hoping that the car was found and returned. I'm willing to bet though that this is a classic case of an easy going guy getting screwed over by a dirt bag. We are tuned into this like an old lady on a soap opera!

Maybe we havnt heard anything because everyone`s in jail! I could see a situation like that going bad.

Hope that's not the case the big man jb has been though enough......maybe he is just going though the logistics of picking it up and organising another shop and has no time to update us...

Yeah I think the longer it goes, the worse it is.. Just a feeling!

I would NEVER pay any shop money up front to work on my car. If they don't have enough capital to work on the car then I don't want them working on my car.
The same holds true with contractors. Never pay a contractor up front to work on your house. This coming from a retired contractor. I would have people wanting to pay me some money up front and I would say to pay me for a weeks work after I've done a weeks work.
I still operate the same now working on Mopars.
Sure hope you get your car back ok.

Have you called the local TV "consumer guru" reporter(S)??? Holy Crap, if I had a situation like yours, I'd be on the horn not only to LE and attorneys, but also your local media outlets; whether it be TV, print, or a well-known and read blogger in your area.

A buddy had a similar situation locally about five years ago. A local mechanic was supposed to build a 502 Chevy engine for his hot rod. The engine guy says "Six weeks and it'll be together, dyno'd and ready for pickup!"...well, the mechanic had another customer that was pretty impressed with the engine and he SOLD my buddy's engine out from under him! The mechanic then tried to give my buddy a rebuilt 396 truck engine and claiming it was the 502. Lots of fun in that deal, right? My buddy had the forethought to write down AND take pics of all the numbers on his block, which matched none on that truck 396. He ended up getting his original engine back after the guy who bought his engine from the mechanic, saw the report and called the station. The mechanic eventually was convicted of fraud and misrepresentation.

Sometimes, people really are nothing more than ******** and must be treated as such.

Sorry been busy, so here's the update, there is no update just yet. I had to take a step back after talking with my lawyer and the state BAR(automotive) and the local DA's office. I'm not going to spell out the details here in case someone I don't want to be listening is lol

I will say this by the end of this month I will either have my car done or back in my hands not done or partially done and if not touched at all I will get my money back within 15 days.

Sorry guys but this drama is still going, and yes it's killing me here in norcal its been 75° the past few days and today I was out and about with the fam and of course I had to see a 69 mero, AC cobra, Dart, and a 70 Cuda' all out for a nice sunny day ride grrrrrrr

All I have is my 14' Durango 5.7 to push around for fun.

Sorry to hear this, I went through some of the same bs with the guy that did my car, unfortunately, I lost some money on it, hope you don't!

Sorry been busy, so here's the update, there is no update just yet. I had to take a step back after talking with my lawyer and the state BAR(automotive) and the local DA's office. I'm not going to spell out the details here in case someone I don't want to be listening is lol

I will say this by the end of this month I will either have my car done or back in my hands not done or partially done and if not touched at all I will get my money back within 15 days.

Sorry guys but this drama is still going, and yes it's killing me here in norcal its been 75° the past few days and today I was out and about with the fam and of course I had to see a 69 mero, AC cobra, Dart, and a 70 Cuda' all out for a nice sunny day ride grrrrrrr

All I have is my 14' Durango 5.7 to push around for fun.
Thanks for the update.

I've been screwed over as well. Quit being nice and take control of the situation. What kind if car do you have that they are "working on"?

Yes I'd be worried...............

- - - Updated - - -

1000% in agreement with moparmarks. Paying people up front is a sure way to get scammed. Assoon as you say the word restoration, $ light up and invoicing patterns alter to screw you over. Its hard to find a deent body shop that treats people fairly but they are out there.....take the time to source out...ask questions, references etc.....

Glad for update and that you've still got a plan. The steps you've taken are good. It's just too bad it's gonna take more time! Go get em!

Auto Transport Service
Back