• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jay Leno's Wild Ride

I was holding my breath there for a few seconds.

Oh my god did not expect that !! WOW !! Poor cuda ...great post !

Whoa . . . that came out of nowhere . . .

Wow, I had not heard about this crash. Leno is damn lucky that he got his arm back inside the car and wasn't seriously injured. I'm kind of surprised that the car doesn't have window nets installed if they are going to take people on rides JMHO. Glad that nobody got hurt. Sorry to see a beautiful car crashed.

Wow what a ride there. More than Jay expected or anyone else for that matter. Glad both guys were able to keep there limbs and selves inside the windows. like moparsmitty said about the window nets.

Cool video, too bad about the car...

Thanks for sharing Auggie,
I always loved those Hemi Under Glass cars,
as any gearhead, especially Mopar gearheads would...

you really should stick more to these types of threads,
than your others, much better...

Jay didn't look so good after that but he still managed to end with a joke! The 80 year old driver looked like that was nothing new to him.

Holy crap

Last edited:
Cool video, too bad about the car...

Thanks for sharing Auggie,
I always loved those Hemi Under Glass cars,
as any gearhead, especially Mopar gearheads would...

you really should stick more to these types of threads,
than your others, much better...

Ha!

I was waiting for Leno to reveal that it was just a gag. Man, was I surprised when it wasn't.

I liked it when Leno said something like, Well, at least the beautiful hemi wasn't hurt.

Why did they do this on the circle track instead of the quarter mile?
Good question. Not much room in the infield of the 1/2 mile oval. There's an 1/8th mile strip at the same facility right outside of the oval. Why didn't they run on that. Or Pomona (Auto Club Dragway) is just east of there a few miles. Doesn't make sense to me either.
By the way, The land that Irwindale Speedway is on has been sold to a developer and will be torn down to build another mall. Not a big surprise but kind of a shame.

I talked to Mr Riggle about 2 weeks ago. He told me the night before during discussions he was under the impression the stunt would be on the drag strip. The morning of the shoot he found out they were to be on the oval track. He was then told the crew had NOT rented the drag strip.
Gravel and the pitch of the track at that location where the doom to that run.

Auto Transport Service
Back