• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Just A Bunch Of Questions...

66DodgeCharger

Local time
8:45 PM
Reaction score
Hi guys, of course I have a 66 charger with a 361 c.i... in a couple days spring break is coming up and i'll be buying all my parts in those days, and with those parts means I have to install them so I need to know the torque down specs are correct...

I didn't find all of them but i'll list the ones I found...

Oil pan-15 ft-lb
Oil pan drain plug-20 ft-lb
Transmission plan-150 ft-lb
Intake manifold-40 ft-lb
Carb to intake-7 ft-lb
Valve covers-7 ft-lb
U Joints-
Shocks-
Spark plugs-30 ft-lb
Differential-90 ft-lb
Tires-110 ft-lb

My drive shafts old u joints were pretty stuck in their by rust and i was wondering what is the best solution to get the rust out of the eye holes without ******* it up...

I will have more parts to put on like Calipers, tie rods, ball joints, rear leaf spring shackle etc... but that will come when I know the engine runs and runs well, but are these the correct torque down specs and i'm still looking for u joint and shocks torque specs...

I also have another question has or does anyone run a carter thermoquad 4 barrel 9103 carburetor if so what does it look like all setup? I am buying all my parts from amazon because they are way cheaper than everywhere else I have checked (plus I get free shipping) but I found rebuild kits for the carb, but four different kits all for different prices and I was wondering witch one I should get, i'm leaning toward the $18 because its cheapes but i'm not for sure... and also there were some sorts of screws in the front of the carb but they broke off what are for and what do they do, where are the jets in the carb and someone told me about drilling for a float bowl where do I drill that and "how?"

Amazon.com: Standard Motor Products 1423 Carburetor Kit: Automotive
Amazon.com: Standard Motor Products 676A Carburetor Kit: Automotive
Amazon.com: Standard Motor Products 1574 Carburetor Kit: Automotive
Amazon.com: Standard Motor Products 657C Carburetor Kit: Automotive

Well, I see one thing that stands out. You'd surely never want to torque the bolts on the transmission pan to 150 ft/lbs. The tiny bolts would surely snap long before then!

If the U-joints look bad, they may still be okay if there is grease inside them. Maybe pull the end off the axle end and try moving the U-joint around a bit?

Auto Transport Service
Back