• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Just an Observation

Jerry Hall

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
6:10 AM
Reaction score
If all this talks about the demise of the gas engine, why are the petro companies continuing to build all these gas fueling stations in high end real estate locations..............

There are 3 locations under construction, one of which is completed and will open within a week. Why not electric charging stations. Gas is not going away, it can't. The infrastructure is not there to support anything else.

I haven’t followed the energy sector since 2020 - except to see it was severely punished for a couple of years. Now from what I hear Exxon and others stock prices are booMing. If oil and gas were disappearing - obviously this wouldn’t be happening. You’re right Jerry - there’s something afoot besides us getting totally ripped on the cost. Here in my area we’re looking at close to $7 a gallon. Every smells - its just finding who took the big steaming **** on our consumers?

They know the truth . . .

aa misc (22).jpg

Profit, cashing in

It will come back, under new governance & real leadership
276 million registered vehicles in the USA in 2020
another several (10+ (?) million more Farm vehicles
another (10+ (?) million tractors,running on diesel/flex fuels/propane etc.
not sure that even counts the Semi's & commercial vehicles
99% all run on fossil fuels

far from gone

Beating a dead horse has moved on to beating a dead cow working on the dead part.gif

I wonder who has stock in the EV market.?
The ones all pushing the laws 'all do'
you can bet your last $$'s 'on that fact'
insider trading BS happens all the damn time in elected officials

One thing to keep in mind is at times like this when the price keeps climbing,
Gasoline and Diesel are purchased in advance by companies that own stations.
Its a gamble just like pork bellies , corn , ect.
Its one of the reasons the price will jump .15 over night but when it does come down it takes months.
Those boys all get together and decide that so they don't loose their ***.

If you own say 200 fuel stations and truck stops and bought 500,000 to a million gal 2 weeks ago your feeling pretty darn good about now.
The vendors know each day what the price is going to do long before the trucks are loaded. The pipe lines that rent space to transfer fuel to the storage farms are raising their per cubic ft price just to move it underground.

If they built an EV charging station only it would be empty around here. Lots of gas and diesel to sell today and tomorrow.

Just pre-bought 700 gallons of home heating oil at $3.95 a gallon. It's $5+ a gallon now will see how that works out. Last year paid $2.35 a gallon for 700 gallons, made out well. Been burned also but not scorched. Didn't do it for 5/6 years but with F'n-JB.......

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back