• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Just Got Bumpers Back

dspur

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
5:20 PM
Reaction score
Just got bumpers back from Tri City Plating. Wow! They did a beautiful job. Not cheap but much better than Re-pops.

6E5DBFEA-F695-4E2C-AC93-BFB223567398.jpeg

Beautiful!
How bad was the turnaround?

I just got my 68 Runner bumpers back from there a few weeks ago. Their turnaround on mine was about 6.5 weeks. They told me 8 weeks but I got them back a bit earlier.

How much were the charges?

I got my front bumper on my Scamp from Tri-City. They do excellent work!

I've had probably 50 bumpers done there, never a problem.

I've also had quite a few done at tri city....very happy with them....just finished my 68 roadrunner ....used AMD on that pretty happy with them at quite a bit less cost than replating:)

How much were the charges?
800 each, but my rear was unusable so they provided the bumper and re-chromed it for $1000. I also did the bumper guards on the front for $160 since the car came new with them

Thank you for responding.
This helps others that are unaware of the costs for services that we cannot do on our own.

considering a new repop bumper runs 550 and up those numbers don’t sound bad at all while getting an original better made unit returned looking new .

unit returned looking new
Hmmmm ... guess you're not old enough to remember "new". They NEVER looked that good when "new". Try to think what its like to crank out a few hundred thousand bumpers. Do you think they all got perfectly ground, buffed and polished before they went in the plating tanks ?!?!? Hell, the bodywork and paint on the cars wasn't anywhere near perfect.

Hmmmm ... guess you're not old enough to remember "new". They NEVER looked that good when "new". Try to think what its like to crank out a few hundred thousand bumpers. Do you think they all got perfectly ground, buffed and polished before they went in the plating tanks ?!?!? Hell, the bodywork and paint on the cars wasn't anywhere near perfect.
And it's still not today.

Tri-City does great work, they did the chrome on my 64'. For anything pot metal that needs chrome check out R&D refinishing, a couple of minutes down the road from Tri-City. They do excellent work as well but hold on to your wallet.

I want to get this done sooo bad... My bumpers luckily aren't in bad shape.. Other than where my sister dropped a wrench on my front one and left a big gouge in the chrome... bumper made it 60 years til she found it...

AMD repops weren't even available for me for my Roadrunner project last summer and still aren't so I had to go the Tri City rechrome route. I am glad I did, but it was about $750 more to go that way. Like I said glad I did it for sure, but AMD repops have been back ordered since 2022 it seems, and aren't coming in anytime soon. Tri City is the way to go for rechrome. Chip was awesome.

Auto Transport Service
Back