• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

KB 107.040 pistons

John Hogan

Local time
7:12 AM
Reaction score
Last edited:
You know its a 360 piston, right?
Hmm, thought the stock bore of a 340 was 4.04. Is the piston pin position incorrect for a 340? Also just looked them up at Summit, you are correct so my boo-boo. But at that price I will probably just keep them. I did edit my first post so nobody is misled.

Anyone able to actually purchase these?
I purchased them at the $101.00 price but it now looks like the price has been corrected to $309.99. Bummer. But it has dropped from 8 sets available after my purchase on March 9th to 4 sets available in a couple of days so maybe a few folks got a deal!

Well, i got a shipping confirmation today. Im told the total was $107 and change. Havent looked on Amazon to see if anything changed since. No doubt they were supposed to cost more. Sometimes you win and usually you lose.

Well, i got a shipping confirmation today. Im told the total was $107 and change. Havent looked on Amazon to see if anything changed since. No doubt they were supposed to cost more. Sometimes you win and usually you lose.
It is pretty awesome. But like all things on sale, it just cost you 100 for nothing if you don't use it :lol:

I happen to have 2 360s to build up,so they will get used in the not too distant future. assuming they actually show up,that is.

And I received a message through Amazon from PartsHawk that they weren't available even though Amazon showed several sets left in stock. Bet they are available at the $309.00 price!!:wtf:

And I received a message through Amazon from PartsHawk that they weren't available even though Amazon showed several sets left in stock. Bet they are available at the $309.00 price!!:wtf:
I checked the tracking no. they gave and they have supposedly been shipped via ups. We will see what happens as they say expected delivery is 3/15. Better not get charged $300+ !!!

I checked the tracking no. they gave and they have supposedly been shipped via ups. We will see what happens as they say expected delivery is 3/15. Better not get charged $300+ !!!
Congratulations! No huge loss to me since I actually need 340 slugs and screwed up when I ordered these.

Good luck. After reading the original post, I ordered a set. Amazon shows them as being delivered today "left in the residents mailbox". No package to be found and wouldn't fit in the mailbox anyway. I contacted the seller (PartsHawk) and we'll see what happens.

Good luck. After reading the original post, I ordered a set. Amazon shows them as being delivered today "left in the residents mailbox". No package to be found and wouldn't fit in the mailbox anyway. I contacted the seller (PartsHawk) and we'll see what happens.
Its all b.s. . They claimed the pistons were delivered directly to a resident,which they were not. I complained and they responded claiming they were delivered to the wrong address and that they would investigate and give me a refund immediatly.They are clearly lying to you,me,and probably others to cover for their advertising mistake. So now we know how much they really suck. Perhaps they had some other motive for this fiasco?

Its all b.s. . They claimed the pistons were delivered directly to a resident,which they were not. I complained and they responded claiming they were delivered to the wrong address and that they would investigate and give me a refund immediatly.They are clearly lying to you,me,and probably others to cover for their advertising mistake. So now we know how much they really suck. Perhaps they had some other motive for this fiasco?
Yep. I received an Email today claiming that UPS must have delivered them to the wrong address and my card would be reimbursed . Won't be buying anything else from PartsHawk.

I have never seen so much BS. So this is the communications between myself and PartsHawk:

Good afternoon, We are writing to inform you that your most recent order has unfortunately been cancelled. Upon inspection of your ordered item, quality control found that the item was defective, and we would not want to disappoint you and ship out in that condition. Note that this was the last one in stock (and we have more coming in) but we did not want to hold your funds while the next shipment arrives. We have processed a full refund for your order and sincerely apologize for this inconvenience.
Traci Perrin| Operations Manager
Mar 11, 2024 12:44 PM
Hi Traci, Amazon shows 4 sets left in stock but I see the price has drastically increased. I believe the real reason you cancelled the order is that there was a pricing error and PartsHawk will not honor the low price. I honestly would have understood that as a reason, but I consider it extremely poor customer service to use the excuse that the item was defective and the last one in stock. I owned a retail business for decades and trust me, customers appreciate honesty and not BS. I will be sure to never purchase from your company in the future!
John Hogan
Mar 11, 2024 1:34 PM
HelloThis is Gary from Partshawk. Good afternoon, our company does not have any more in stock, it looks like it is from a company called Hires Automotive and not from us. I am sorry for any inconvenience. Let me know if you have any other questions, Hope you have a wonderful day Thank You
Gary Partshawk
Support

Auto Transport Service
Back