• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Keep it fun guys

440satellite

Local time
5:17 PM
Reaction score
Thanks for the comments guys, I am almost done with the interior. The car only had a rollbar with two racing seats and harnesses when I bought it. I have installed new carpet and headliner, seatbelts, front and back seats, and also found an original trunk mat on Kijiji for $10 that was still in the Chryco box.

I think one of the best parts of this hobby is finding parts or great deals along the way to building your car the way you want it. Honestly, finding time and money with a family of five is not always easy, but we get to share some of the experience in building and finding things together.

Most of you guys probably remember when this hobby was a lot less expensive to enjoy, and really when you see the price of some stuff nowadays it can be pretty discouraging.

I still love catching up with someome else and swapping stories about past or favourite cars, and having three boys myself, I see some of that excitement being passed onto them whether they are turning wrenches on their bikes, or even their Lego blocks.

I love being a gearhead, and I believe the experience of working on something and getting grease and dirt under your fingernails is something that no computer or video game can compete with.

Have a good one guys and build your machine the way you want; it's supposed to be about fun.

Don

Not much I enjoy more than "laughin, scratchin, and tellin lies" with other car people. And yeah, in a way it was cheaper and easier (cause the yards were full of parts) Now the yards are empty, parts vendors are plentiful, but prices have gone up. So it's better but it's worse as well.

guess that's progress

Auto Transport Service
Back