• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Kingman Route 66 street race.

33 IMP

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
1:53 AM
Reaction score
Anybody going? Lots of classes, racing on main Street in Kingman. Went to spectate the year before covid, had a good time. Gonna try to get my 62 out this time.
I don't know how to post the info, it will come up if you google it. May 19,20,21 2023.

My pleasure. It sounds like a hoot of an event. :thumbsup:
Saw this at the last one.

20191025_163831.jpg

20191025_163807.jpg

20191025_160422.jpg

20191025_160416.jpg

20191025_151449.jpg

20191025_133207.jpg

20191025_133230.jpg

20191025_133110.jpg

Went several times. Local Dodge dealer "Swanty's" is across from the starting line and sponsor.
Also the local Napa on the other side of the street.
Very big event.For years they had hopes of a real track even had a few fund raises.
It is a well run event.

Man, I would absolutely love to do this. Problem is we leave on vacation on that wed, and it's at least 2 days travel one way for me if not 3 dragging a trailer. Maybe next year.

Do they do any prep 'at all' to the reg. street ?
other 'than clean it' maybe ?

I'm not going, never been to that event... I'm just curious...

make sure to take lots of photos too :thankyou:

Kingman is a town that we are considering when we escape California.

Do they do any prep 'at all' to the reg. street ?
other 'than clean it' maybe ?

I'm not going, never been to that event... I'm just curious...

make sure to take lots of photos too :thankyou:
I honestly don't know. This will be my first as a racer, only been once, pre covid hoax, as a spectator.

I got my first oil and filter change on my 2011 H-D V-Rod at the H-D dealer in Kingman. We had bought my 2011 VRSC-F V-Rod Muscle at the Las Vegas H-D dealer, and coming through the desert heading home from a vacation on Lake Mead, triple towing our travel trailer and 17ft bass boat back to South Louisiana, the sealed system coolant overflow split and the LS overheated in the H2 Hummer, and Kingman was the closest place with a GM dealership.
So much of the trip there and back, starting in west Texas onward had that gas powered V8 screaming over 4,000 RPMs.
Seeing my first V-Rod Destroyer in person there was worth the stop.
For now, the turbo diesel V6 in our 2022 Jeep Gladiator is the tow vehicle, but one day I'd like a nice 4WD Excursion turbo diesel in good condition that doesn't cost a fortune (I think 2007 was the last year of manufacture) OR a RAM turbo diesel that can accommodate our 4 Labs/Lab mixes AND our 45 pound mini pig INSIDE with us.
A 4WD turbo diesel van would be great, but I'm not aware of any new ones.

Auto Transport Service
Back