• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

late model hemi into early b bodies

the short compartment 1962 ish consoles are hard to come bu,, ive never seen one at a swap meet,,only 1 or 2 on E BAY,,, wish i could get some deminsions of one,,,,

I'll keep an eye out for ya.

kool thanks,, maybe some one on this site has one for measurements,,,

Check around, ya might get lucky.

Car is looking good Zack, looks like you plan on keeping all the mouldings, lots of holes, like my car.

The trim is in excellent shape, so I decided to keep it. I saw a Polara 500 with the trim deleted, in my opinion, it did not look pleasing on the eyes. I have been doing alot of work on the fenders, bumper,,,gonna redo it, looked like dog crap. In the next few weeks, I'll blow it apart and start on the body, I want to paint it while on vacation in July, so I gotta get cracking. I'll post some pics in a few days of the fenders and bumper.

Well I'm leaning on keeping the longer console cause I like the way it looks, and no one else will have one in their car, (I reserve the right to correct myself on that). So what this means is I'm gonna have a console for sale shortly, when I make the final decision, I'll post it in the for sale section. Sorry no pics yet, I've been swamped at work, at home, and I'm not liking all the wind we have been getting, so I cant primer more parts. Maybe I should load up the car and take all the stuff to work and use our paint booth there and get it done.

Boy, you CA. guys always complaining about the weather. You want some bad weather, come east for a week......

Get this, hotter than hell Sat. and Sun., rain all day today. Go figure that one, and yes the flucuation in temperture screwed with my painting, so now I get to redo the bumper....again. Tin, snow is good for skiing on, not much else.

My buddy and I tore the car apart so body work can begin. I made a tool that bolts to the front frame rails and lets you lift the car as high as you need to get the whole eng./trans /k frame out. I'll post some pics of it on Monday.

Here is the tool I made at work to lift the front end of the car, it worked great.

frontend lifter 001.jpg

frontend lifter 002.jpg

frontend lifter 003.jpg

frontend lifter 004.jpg

That's cool - but I don't know if the bungee's can handle the weight when you lift it - I'd use chain instead ......... :) Oh and your "mini-me" over by the bucket - if he says "hey dad, c'mere and look at this" - do it, and with interest. It's real easy to say "hold on a minute, daddy's busy" when wrenching on our projects - I know from experience - "all you do is work on your cars" ...... hurts. Your car will be nothing short of awesome when done - keep up the posts, we're watching.

Always make the time for the little guy and gal, no exceptions. Yeah, I broke 3 bungee cords trying to lift it...ha! Thanks for the compliment.

Seems as though those are pretty popular.

Here are some pics of the factory grille then the superstock grille, the engine, trans (big sum bit**), and the carpet kit (for a 68 Charger that my buddy had and sold so I got it for free and it fits good), and the console that is a mile long. I think it looks cool, so thats what I'm gonna use. Hope everyone enjoys the pics.

6-12-2010 hayden and car stuff 017.jpg

6-12-2010 hayden and car stuff 019.jpg

6-12-2010 hayden and car stuff 020.jpg

6-12-2010 hayden and car stuff 021.jpg

6-12-2010 hayden and car stuff 004.jpg

6-12-2010 hayden and car stuff 005.jpg

6-12-2010 hayden and car stuff 006.jpg

6-12-2010 hayden and car stuff 007.jpg

6-12-2010 hayden and car stuff 008.jpg

6-12-2010 hayden and car stuff 010.jpg

I like the grill conversion.......looks good, I wanted to do the same but can't find a grill ( or anything else) anywhere.
That's what i get for living on the wrong side of the world......Geezuz, even the cars are "wrong hand drive" over here.

Thanks for the compliment. Check ebay, they come up every so often.

Man, It looks like you have been busy, keep up the good work.

Auto Transport Service
Back