• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lean burn took out.

Bro4297

Local time
9:46 PM
Reaction score
I have a 1977 cordoba 400ci 4 barrel. The owner before me took out the lean burn system. Is there any instruction that may show how one would do this conversion. I can't find some of the relays or know where they were before this conversion. My horn doesn't work or a/c be cause they are disconnected. Any help would be much appreciated.
I'm sorry my orginal post I put in wrong forum.

There are two ways to do this conversion...with or without the original lean burn carb. If you have a different carb, you may loose your cruise control but you should have everything else. If you still have the same carb, the conversion is pretty simple....you can install a mopar performance electronic ignition conversion kit. There used to be a cordoba site that had step by step instructions...but its gone. I don't see how your other relays or horn should have been affected.

The ignition was simply disconnected at the computer and the MP was wired I. Separately and only tapped into a couple wires that SHOULD have nothing to do with other problems your having. This is an easy conversion to do. Jr. High school kids can knock it out.

To do the conversion is out lined in the MP manuals.

Auto Transport Service
Back