• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Leave as race cars or restore to original?

I know these brakes are made for drag racing, but does anyone know if I could get the rotors turned, replace the pads, rebuild the calipers and use them for the street?

IMG_5203.JPG

I need to get a mechanical fan, shroud, alternator setup and re-furbish the brake system. I am not sure if I can use the Dominator Carb for the street...I'll keep it on there for now since it runs so well!
IMG_5219.JPG

I know these brakes are made for drag racing, but does anyone know if I could get the rotors turned, replace the pads, rebuild the calipers and use them for the street?

View attachment 533833

Looks pretty bad. I gotta believe you could buy a new kit, for what the individual components would cost. I also wouldn't think about cutting thin/drag rotors.

then you could just put them brake , bendex calipers and thick rotors . not shear if ssbc or rammans stuff would work . do both cars have the same setups ? i have a couple setups from early e body and they fit b body as well . whats your plan , hows setup is that you've got ?

I got them both out in the Florida sun today! I changed all the fluids, cleaned out the fuel systems and drove them around a bit. Next step is definitely get all the brakes done!
IMG_5265.jpg
IMG_5268.jpg
IMG_5280.jpg

Last edited:
Ed-pv,
I see that the hood on the one car is a pin-on hood. Could you shoot some close up pictures of the attaching hood-pins or 1/4 turn fasteners...what they are and where the are located. Thanks, Mike

Ed-pv,
I see that the hood on the one car is a pin-on hood. Could you shoot some close up pictures of the attaching hood-pins or 1/4 turn fasteners...what they are and where the are located. Thanks, Mike
Hey Mike,

When I get to my garage, I'll get the pictures for you.

Ed-pv,
Here are some pictures of the hood and pins, hope they help. Looks like pins all around and two 1/4 turn fasteners on each side.

IMG_5285.jpg
IMG_5286.jpg
IMG_5287.jpg
IMG_5289.jpg
IMG_5290.jpg

I trimmed the engine plate to make room for an alternator. I had a Chevy 1-wire alternator in the shop so I installed it and wired it up. Works GREAT!

IMG_5672.jpg IMG_5674.jpg IMG_5675.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back