• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

left brake light out?

abloch

Local time
9:59 PM
Reaction score
Ok, so I got one brake light out. I think I have it traced down to the turn signal switch in the column. Anyone els have a similar problem? Am I going to have to figure out how to disassemble the switch or just replace it. Any thoughts?

Check for 12 volts at the socket. If you get nothing, put your multi-meter between positive and an unpainted part of the chassis. Could just be a bad ground.

There is no power to the left brake light pin (dark green). Turn signal works and running light works.

I think the problem is located in the plastic turn signal mechanism, located in the steering column. It is pressed fit together and could be damaged if I try to disassemble. Therefore I was wondering if anyone was familiar with this assembly? There are no details about this part in the service manual.

you don't say what you are working on, but if it's a bad turn switch, just buy a new one. Once they are worn, you cannot get them to work properly again

what about brake lights? What happens when you step on brakes and move switch to left and right?

you will need a helper for this

switch replaced. All is good.

Auto Transport Service
Back