• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Left lane losers be gone!!

MOST states and Canadian provinces have no laws regarding driving in the left lane. So staying out of that lane or moving over for a faster vehicle is merely a courtesy. The funny thing is, those who WON'T move over for a faster vehicle are the first to curse when they're passed on the right! And despite no laws about deriving in the left lane, you CAN be ticketed for passing on the right !!

0203_bilo_left lane02.jpg

From my experience, a lot of the drivers who whine about left lane hogs do so because the "hog" is doing the speed limit and the whiners want to go faster.
If they're not passing, they need to get the hell out of the way. Unless you're a cop...it's none of your business how fast people want to go.

I'm not an FLA resident. Here in Vermont we just run the bastards off into the trees and move along...lol.

The thing is, those signs are not new, been around for decades in too few of numbers though. They don’t say, unless you are doing the speed limit.

There is no such thing as a 'Fast Lane'. There are 'Crawler or Slow Lanes' .... but the term 'Fast Lane' is generally a misnomer.

Prove me wrong and post a real picture of a sign saying 'Fast Lane'

I like driving fast like most of you guys, but the penalties these days are easier to accumulate than the days of old.

We have had the "left lane passing only" law here for a few years. Has helped some I guess. Still have those flat landers going up a 7% grade doing 25 under in the left lane.
We had/have it here in Calif. too, since the later 80's (IIRC)
didn't stop anyone from going slow in the 'Diamond'
(commuters lane 2 or more pass.) or any "passing" lanes ever
only when a CHP or Co. Sherrif was spotted/nearby
people would obey, sort of

Thank god, I don't live or work down in that shithole anymore
I haven't seen or lived by a freeway in well over a decade...

It used to piss me off in the 'bay area traffic'
nobody in the 'commuter-diamond' lane, 1 maybe every 5-10 min.s
& bumper to bumper traffic, in all the rest,
especially going up to the 'bay bridge'
Sings read,
inforced complaince everyday (IIRC) 6am-10am & 3pm-7pm, except holidays
that extra lane didn't make much if any difference, at all
people rarely carpool, too inconvenient or total idiots involved
it was still **** traffic, more income generation (tickets) for the LEOs/Courts
& a waste of taxpayer's funds

Last edited:
There is no such thing as a 'Fast Lane'. There are 'Crawler or Slow Lanes' .... but the term 'Fast Lane' is generally a misnomer.

Prove me wrong and post a real picture of a sign saying 'Fast Lane'

I like driving fast like most of you guys, but the penalties these days are easier to accumulate than the days of old.
You don't have these down there?
1702768230054.png

Drivin some in NZ mostly in traffic so ? but saw in Australia I guess the traffic fines are huge as those folks on the rural highways seem to follow speed limits well. Only place on the world I’ve ever thought that.

Maybe works in rural areas. Here in SoCalif all lanes are backed up no matter how many lanes there are

Early 80’s went to a conference in L.A. Rented a car drove to San Diego. Couldn’t believe 80mph stop 80mph stop most of the way.
Last few years they have started putting in passing lanes on our two lane highways every so often, works quite well.

Every state that had spilt speed limits for any amount of time is very guilty of left lane hogs. Worse is when your doing 75 mph in a semi and these ******** will not let you pass them. They have it programmed in that a truck is slow. I've drug some of these dumbasses up to 90 mph and they stay on that front fender.
Yeah I'm talking to you Ohio.

Every state that had spilt speed limits for any amount of time is very guilty of left lane hogs. Worse is when your doing 75 mph in a semi and these ******** will not let you pass them. They have it programmed in that a truck is slow. I've drug some of these dumbasses up to 90 mph and they stay on that front fender.
Yeah I'm talking to you Ohio.
Saw that on the interstates in Montana, Wyoming and Colorado.

So one should NEVER receive a speeding ticket from being in the left lane passing cars?

Company had a video training course we HAD to watch, boss (from Pittsburgh PA) did NOT like it when I stated course is total BULLS#$"'T!! It was SMITH DRIVER TRAINING, guy in a 10 ton box truck got into middle lane and stated "...pick a lane and stay in it...", TOTAL BULLSH###^%! Boss asked how I know, told him to look at signs on AC Expressway on his way home and count the "KEEP RIGHT EXCEPT TO PASS" signs on his way home, there are 8. Also stated my dad (RIP) was a PROFESSIONAL 18 wheeler trucker for 40 years, he drove the speed limit, heard about traffic tie-ups, he would head for em, paid hourly. :D
I DO like the midwest, 75-80 mph speed limits, the HEMI likes that!!!

Auto Transport Service
Back